Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mp
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Proposed change to GS Portal API (legend).

When using the Geospatial Portal SDK to handle legend items you have the following public properties available:

https://hgdsupport.hexagongeospatial.com/API/WebGIS/Portal_SDK/16/02/#!/api/LegendItem

The primary identifying properties are name and priority. However name is not required to be unique and priority could change for other reasons.

What that means is that there is currently no way to uniquely identify a legend item and later find that specific legend item again.

All legend items has an ID uniquely identifying it. So my suggestion is to make that ID available in the public API for legend items. I have come across at least one use case where it would be useful and can easily imagine others.

Staff

Re: Proposed change to GS Portal API (legend).

Hi MP,

Thank you for outlining clearly this request. These requests for changes to product functionality have a proper place in the Product Ideas section. Might I suggest moving your post there to reach and be considered by the appropriate audience for these types of things and/or additionally pushing this post to the Developer Discussion board where it will reach again a specific and likely appropriate (in this case) audience.

mp
Contributor

Hi Stephen,

Can you move it for me - or should a recreate it in the other section?

Thanks.

/Mikkel.

Staff

I can move it to Developer Discussions for you, but if you wish for it to be a Product Idea it should be created there by yourself. if you wish that I move it to Developer Discussions just let me know and I will.

hbm
Staff

Aren't change proposals supposed to go to Product Ideas section? https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/idb-p/ProductIdeas

Staff

Yes, of course. Mikkel should post the change proposal to the Product Ideas page.

mp
Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had not noticed the product ideas section Smiley Happy

I will make a new post in that section. If possible, you can delete this thread.

Thanks! 

New post available at:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/Proposed-change-to-GS-Portal-API-legend/idi...

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.