Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

System Requirements GeoMedia WebMap

Guys,

Didn't find any official System Requirements for GeoMedia WebMap v16.x.

Could you pls share from your practice, what are the recomended system requirements for GeoMedia WebMap / Geospatial Portal?

Thanks,

Kir

Regular Contributor

Re: System Requirements GeoMedia WebMap

Hi,

System Requirements were moved into the Release Guide document.

https://www.hexagongeospatial.com/en/technical-documents/release-guides-2016/webgis-2016-release-gui...

If you want advice on requirements for a particular implementation, you will need to share more details about the design of your implementation and the expected performance from users. We can then try to offer some advice from our experiences.

HTH

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin!

Thanks a lot. That's what I was looking for Smiley Happy

Later I'll post a separate question reg my customer system implementation in order to get your advises.

Have a nice day,

Kir

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Colin,

by the way, the requiremnts you mantioned don't include info reg such parameteres like system resources (RAM, processors, number of cores, virtualization, etc.). Could you provide any recommendations reg this?

Thanks,

Kir

Regular Contributor

Kir,

You won't find that level of system requirements in the product documentation, though you should find a list of virtualization platforms supported/tested by the version of the product. I've not looked for virtualization information recently, but it used to be listed in the supported environments document. 

For information on planning system resources I recommend this helpful blog post by Hexagon Geospatial:

http://blog.hexagongeospatial.com/geomedia-webmap-deployment/

Perhaps this can help you plan your deployment.

Regards,

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Colin,

You right, I remember that post you provided.

I tried to find supported environments document reg GeoMedia WebMap / Geospatial Portal, but failed.

Do you have any ideas, where it could be found? )

Thanks again,

Kir

Regular Contributor

I can't take any credit for the blog post, it wasn't written by me Smiley Happy

It would appear I was mistaken about the Geospatial Server product documentation listing virtual environment/technology support. Looking back at the supported environment documents for the 2015 no virtualisation platforms are listed, except Amazon Cloud.

The majority of our customers use VMWare technology for their virtual machines running Geospatial Server and I've not encountered any specific virtualisation issue. We also had a customer use Microsoft Hyper-V, the only issue they encountered was licensing related. Within our office we use VMWare and Ovirt virtualisation solutions.

Virtual platforms are listed in the GeoMedia Desktop Release Guide.

If you have a specific question regarding virtual platform support for a Geospatial Server product I recommend you open support ticket with Hexagon Geospatial.

Regards,

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Colin hi,

Thanks a lot for your update.

We are going to publish a new post with the description of our customer system implementation paramenteres in order to get useful feedback from HexGeo community. 

Hope to get in touch with you soon )

Regards,

Kir

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.