Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Time Series Weather Maps/Charts Display in Geospatial Portal

Suppose a client periodically generates surface maps from weather stations in a region, how can this information be rendered effectively in Geospatial Portal? and assuming the data is generated weekly and the web portal/site has to be updated with the new map as soon as it is available, how can the updates be captured in the geospatial portal while at the same time providing a means for sliding forward and backward to display the maps at different times?

Contributor

Re: Time Series Weather Maps/Charts Display in Geospatial Portal

Not sure if I understand the question rigth, but have you tried to display that information on a WMS that has the time capability that allow you to see the previous and the actual data?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes i tried that and i didnt find a proper way of doing it...i actually didn't suceed in getting the map to display after shoving all my data in one service. The challenge i have with the WMS -Time settings GeoMedia WebMap is that it works well for vector features in one feature class but not for thematic layers. Below is a screenshot of Geospatial Portal showing a sample surface map for a week. There are several other similar maps create  from interpolated  point data (TINS) and this is done weekly.

Drought Index.png

I need a workflow that will enable me to display the historical information as well as the current information. For example if i click on the play button in Geospatial portal i should be able to visualize the animation of the surface map during the different times (same effect should be achieved with the slider).

How should i organize and publish my data for me to achieve this?

Staff

Hi Elvis,

What do you mean by "it works well for vector feature class but not for thematic layers" ?

Thanks

Frank

Frequent Contributor

Hi Frank,

Sorry this didn't come out clearly but what i meant is that with a feature class it is easier to include a time/date column , create a WMS with time parameters enabled and then display the features in the Geospatial portal using the Time tool. However i am struggling to implement this when the features are contours generated from an interpolation process and are to be styled thematically before displaying in the geospatial portal at different times. Below is a screenshot os the styled and non-styled contours in GeoMedia

surface map.png

Surface data.png

Note that am using this data only for illustration and it is not the client data. source: http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/

I merged the features in one class, created and pupulated the time column, generated one thematic map instead of four but still did not work for me in the portal as nothing displayed.

Highlighted
hbm
Staff

I'd enable detailed GWM Logging and after a single GetMap request would investigate that whether any errors or discrepancies show. The data loading section:

2018-01-09 10:37:12 (0.099179) - Spatial Filter Applied
2018-01-09 10:37:12 (0.116518) - Legend Entry 6 (States) Loaded
2018-01-09 10:37:12 (0.116541) - Record Count 49
2018-01-09 10:37:12 (0.116563) - LE Loaded

is of special interest here.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.