Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Technical Evangelist

Re: WebMap 2016 configuration wizards display WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or miss

Hi Wolfgang.

Are the operating systems of the 2 servers identical?

For example Windows 7 has .net 3.51 installed by default where is has to be added to Windows 10.

Thanks,

Marc

hbm
Staff

Re: WebMap 2016 configuration wizards display WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET as disabled or miss

My memory may be failing me but WebMap edition should not matter in the feature required detection. Only windows version should affect that and I have a feeling we already had a problem with that logic. I'll check the source code when I get the chance. In the meantime could you provide the whole windows version numbers of your both machines? You can obtain that by e.g. issuing the systeminfo command from a cli.
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

+1 on the windows version relation

As I wrote in the different topic, I installed Windows Server 2016 and it did not want to detect ASP.NET4.5. I had installed ASP.NET 4.6 during the server configuration. So in the next step I installed ASP.NET 3.5 and after that the Configuration Wizard hasn't complained anymore.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

hbm
Staff

Quite surprisingly the source code peek offered a somewhat different explanation. The logic is as follows (more or less): if we are running on a Windows >6.1 AND .NET 4.5 is installed, then the WCF-HTTP-Activation45 and WCF-HTTP-ASPNET45 are required. Otherwise, WCF-HTTP-Activation and WCF-HTTP-ASPNET are the prerequisites.

Two of the three WebMap Configuration Wizard's requirements providers share the detection logic, while the third uses its own. However all of them look for .NET 4.5.x to be installed. Even so, the logics are shaky to say the least and seem to need attention.

Apart from a systeminfo output, it would now be nice to obtain an export of  HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP registry Smiley Wink

Contributor

I've got the system information an dthe registry from both machines (note on the customers server .NET 3.5 is now installed, otherwise I wasn't able to configure WebMap Essential).

As it is not possible to attach some files here - who's the lucky one to get it via email?

regards

Wolfgang

hbm
Staff

Shove it over to lukasz.baraniak@hexagongeospatial.com, Wolfgang. :-)
hbm
Staff

Thanks, Wolfgang!

As expected, the logic is shaky and expects .NET 4 to be of version 4.5.x using a straight comparison, and not a range. In case of files you sent to me the machine was running .NET4 in version 4.6, so the requirements providers decided that .NET 4.5 wasn't installed. This of course doesn't mean that ASPNET45 isn't available on such machine Smiley Wink

A bug, for sure.

Contributor

So you know how to fix it :-)

Staff

Just helped a customer with the same error, installed the v3.5 counterparts of WCF-HTTP-Activation and IIS-ASPNET and all is fine after that

Frequent Visitor

[ Edited ]

In order to pass through WebMap 2016 configuration on Windows Server 2012 R2 you must check if there are two updates on your system: Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 for Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64 (KB3102467) and Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2 for x64 (KB3186539). If so, you must uninstall them from Control Panel or from CMD ran as the Administrator:

wusa /uninstall /kb:3102467

wusa /uninstall /kb:3186539

Those are comming from Windows Update, so I would recommend not to install them in the first place.

As for required Windows features you can do the following in PowerShell (woks also in Server 2008 R2) after uninstall KB3102467 and KB3186539:

Add-WindowsFeature File-Services, FS-FileServer, MSMQ, MSMQ-Server, MSMQ-Services, NET-Framework-45-ASPNET, NET-WCF-HTTP-Activation45, NET-WCF-MSMQ-Activation45, WAS, WAS-Config-APIs, WAS-Process-Model, Web-App-Dev, Web-Asp-Net45, Web-Common-Http, Web-Default-Doc, Web-Dir-Browsing, Web-Filtering, Web-Health, Web-Http-Errors, Web-Http-Logging, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-ISAPI-Filter, Web-Metabase, Web-Mgmt-Compat, Web-Mgmt-Console, Web-Mgmt-Tools, Web-Net-Ext45, Web-Performance, Web-Security, Web-Server, Web-Stat-Compression, Web-Static-Content, Web-Url-Auth, Web-WebServer, Web-Windows-Auth, Windows-Identity-Foundation -restart

Regards,

Mariusz

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.