Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Re: WebMap 2016 installing process fails to create AdminPortal application

This issue has occurred on a customer upgrade. The steps from Jan seem to have resolved the issue, my only note is to not remove the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intergraph\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Services

Technical Evangelist

Yes, of course, I forgot on this one - required for the service sources. Thanks for pointing this out, I will modify my previous post accordingly.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

Hi Jan,

My workflow has most of your steps but the Admin Portal is still not created. I believe cleaning up the file: C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\administration.config is the one that could solve my case, could you mind giving more details on that?

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

Stop IIS. Then look into that file for all entries related to the Hexagon Geospatial applications (except service instances), and delete those records. Open IIS Management, start IIS and remove application pools (if any).

More info on this process: http://serverfault.com/questions/283467/removing-phantom-applications-from-application-pools-in-iis7

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Hi Jan,

In IIS, I did remove all entries related to Hexagon Geospatial applications and their applicaition pools, but it still didn't work. When you mention about the file administration.config, could it be the file applicationHost.config? Because our administration.config does not have any entries about AdminPortal (after uninstalling and cleaning WebMap), but the file applicationHost.config still has information about AdminPortal

administrationHost.config -image 1.png

I include two files administration.config and applicationHost.config in case they help.

Appreciate all the helps

Kind regards

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

Sure, another mistake in my list. I meant the applicationHost.config file. I will fix it in my post.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

Hi team,

We finally succeed installing webmap (the AdminPortal finally appears). In our case, the cleaning up the file applicationHost.config does resolve the AdminPortal confusion.

This has been haunting me for a while now, so glad we can get the bottom of this. Thank you everybody, especially Jan for this.

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob, glad that it's resolved. I will tidy up my post with instructions and create a related KB article here on Community. I see it can be a common issue.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Regular Contributor

I did this step after previously removing zombies etc via powershell.

However mistake I made was to directly edit C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config using notepad++.

It looked like it had saved changes, but it hadn't.

Refer https://serverfault.com/questions/331187/directly-editing-iis-7-applicationhost-config-configuration...

Bit I missed is copy C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config to another folder (e.g. c:\temp), edit it there using notepad++ or similar, then copy it back to C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv\config.

After cleaning out the entries pointed out by Bob the config wizard then worked.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.