Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

GPS Tracking in Geospatial Portal

Hello guys!

Our customer wants to get GPS tracking of the dozens of vehicles in Geospatial Portal (GP).

He has access to the source data in EGTS, WIALON protocols.

Does anyone aware reg the appropriate tools in GP for GPS tracking? 

Customer wants to have also searching, track info, history info options, etc.

Any ideas or another HexGeo web-technologies are also highly appreciated!

Thank you,

Kirill

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: GPS Tracking in Geospatial Portal

I do not know the software, but that sounds like a good application of Luciad technology API. 

Occasional Contributor

Hello, rgoodman!

Yeah, I also was thinking about Luciad.

But my customer wants to use the existing GP license for this project.

Thanks,

Kir

Staff

[ Edited ]

I did something like this about 6 years ago for a local mining company.

The Location data came from 3 different Satelite phone providers via RSS feeds.

• I used Edge Frontier (https://www.hexagonsafetyinfrastructure.com/products/application-integration/edgefrontier) to download the data from the various RSS feeds and push the information into an SQL Server Spatial database. Edge frontier would also send emails to Management if an alert condition was recorded (Emergency button pushed or Speeding recorded)
  • Apollo Advantage was used to make available a WMS/WFS service using the data pushed into the SQL database.
  • Geospatial Portal was configured with some custom javascript to auto load the WMS feed every 30 seconds for updates.
Occasional Contributor

Hi phudzon,

Thank you for your case, it's very interesting and very close to our.

We don't have EdgeFrontier, but if we put the data in or MS SQL Spatail database, we could stream the GPS data by WMS/WFS through GeoMedia WebMap, I believe.

Customer uses Geospatial Portal v2014, I thinks it would be possible to customize it in the way you did.

Thanks again,

Kirill

Regular Contributor

I havn't tried it, but in Portal you can configure GeoRSS to update periodically without writing any additional code. So deploying an GeoRSS feed to portal could be an alternative to WMS/WFS. Off course you don't get analysis and a few other items that WMS/WFS offers.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.