Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 compatibility with GeoMedia Desktop

I understand from a support ticket that GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 is compatible with ERDAS Apollo 2018 update 2.

I assume GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 is compatible with GeoMedia Desktop 2018.0 on basis GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 has been released prior to desktop update 1 and Geomedia desktop is required to maintain service content and GeoMedia Desktop 2018.0 is installed prior to WebMap 2018 update 1

Correct?

Is it known what compatibility between GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 is compatible with GeoMedia Desktop 2018 update 1 will be once GeoMedia Desktop 2018 update 1 is released?

thanks

Regular Contributor

Re: GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 compatibility with GeoMedia Desktop

I have just installed GeoMedia Desktop 2018 Update 1 on a machine running GeoMedia WebMap 2018 update 1 and now WebMap is broken (MapSvr.exe crashing on map requests) so I would advise against installing GeoMedia Desktop 2018 update 1.

Contributor

I have similar problem, GeoMedia 2018 Update 1 don't start after WebMap installation. I have to uinstall everything after that. It's very dangerous the configuration GeoMedia 2018 Update 1 + WebMap 2018 Update 1 !!

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info - I'll take applying GeoMedia update 1 to my webmap environment off my list to trySmiley Wink

We observed with one site that WFS services would fail. We had GeoMedia Professional 2018.0 configured. Swapped the GeoMedia Configuration to GeoMedia Essentials and WFS worked. Swapped back to GeoMedia Professional and the WFS worked but still get 'SideBySide' entries in event viewer. Working through a support ticket on it - with work around of swapping to GeoMedia Essentials means it is not high priorty at present.

I also observe the Event Viewer entries on my local environment with similar configuration but didn't have problems with the WFS service.

Some entries observed in event viewer:

"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Spatial Modeler\cphome\Win32Release\bin\gdal110-CGA.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Spatial Modeler\cphome\Win32Release\bin\NCSEcw.DLL" on line 2. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is NCSEcw,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="5.4.0.1396". Definition is NCSEcw,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="5.4.0.1431". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

"Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Program\PrivateAssemblies\gdal110-CGA.dll".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia Professional\Program\PrivateAssemblies\NCSEcw.DLL" on line 2. Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested. Reference is NCSEcw,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="5.4.0.1396". Definition is NCSEcw,processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32",version="5.4.0.1431". Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis."

Technical Evangelist

Hi guys,

Just FYI: A ticket has been logged for the compatibility issues...

Please also see instructions here how to uninstall the GM Update 1:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia/GeoMedia-Desktop-2018-Update-1-fails-to-...

I have tried the steps to uninstall the GM update and was able to bring WebMap back to live.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

All, a work-around has been found by the dev & support teams. The problem is caused by updated autodt.ini file which somehow altered a content of DLL files too.

In order to fix the GeoMedia 2018 Update 1 together with WebMap installation you have two options:

1. Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\PrivateAssemblies\Config\autodt.ini and run WebMap repair.
  2. Or, simply copy the file over from a pre update installation or media. You can extract it from the GeoMedia.cab file located in "<GM2018Installation>\Repository\GeoMedia"
Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.