Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Publishing a map remotely to GeoMedia WebMap

Hi,

Given that someone only has GeoMedia on their machine can they publish a map to GeoMedia WebMap that is hosted in a different machine/server? And if so, is GeoMedia WebMap Publisher the solution and how does one get it working with a Remote GeoMedia WebMap Installation?

Conditions:

1. Access to GeoMedia WebMap AdminConsole granted.
  2. Installation of GeoMedia Desktop on the machine/server where GeoMedia WebMap runs is not permitted.
Technical Evangelist

Re: Publishing a map remotely to GeoMedia WebMap

Hi Elvis,

this is supported scenario. You should download and install standalone GeoMedia WebMap Publisher on the machine with GeoMedia, and when creating the publisher source, you should check the remote access.

Pavel

Highlighted
Contributor

Yes m you have to install de Map Publisher command that you can download for free usage from HexagonGeospatial website. We have a document for customer written in Spanish on how to configure, but I think you may encounter similar information on documentation portal.

If you are interested we can send the one in Spansih.

Regular Contributor

Just send the one in spanish. Looks like i'll have to translate. I have already downloaded the WebMap Publisher tool and i need to test it before the end of today. Thanks.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.