Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

WMPS shows "ERROR Exceptin while FilterLegendEntryRS"

Hi team,

Our client has a WMPS instance, its meta database is stored in SQL Server Express. The WMPS is now not showing any map's content and its log file show the exception.

2017-04-18 11:09:01,302 [   3] ERROR Exceptin while FilterLegendEntryRS - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass}
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040133): GetRecordsetForLegendEntry: Invalid operation
   at GWMPub._LegendEntryServices.GetRecordsetForLegendEntry(Connection metaConn, Int32 id, GWMMapServerHelper MapSvr, String appName, String AttributeFilter, Int32 Attributes, Boolean TransformToMapSvrCS, String keyField, String keyValue, Boolean ForUpdating)
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass.FilterLegendEntryRS(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, LegendEntry objLegendEntry, String filter, String applicationId, String metadataConnectionString)
2017-04-18 11:09:08,958 [   3] ERROR Exceptin while FilterLegendEntryRS - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass}
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040133): GetRecordsetForLegendEntry: Invalid operation
   at GWMPub._LegendEntryServices.GetRecordsetForLegendEntry(Connection metaConn, Int32 id, GWMMapServerHelper MapSvr, String appName, String AttributeFilter, Int32 Attributes, Boolean TransformToMapSvrCS, String keyField, String keyValue, Boolean ForUpdating)
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass.FilterLegendEntryRS(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, LegendEntry objLegendEntry, String filter, String applicationId, String metadataConnectionString)

It looks to me that the meta database could be corrupted. 

Appreciate all helps and suggestions

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Re: WMPS shows "ERROR Exceptin while FilterLegendEntryRS"

Hi Bob,

• You should probably check WebMap logs too.
  • Setting up a SQL profiler to see what queries are run against the database might also be of help.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

hbm
Staff

Do you see anything suspicious in the detailed gwmlog, Bob?
The hresult means invalid recordset and might happen for example if the data connection didn't open properly. You wrote the metadb is stored in SQL server, but where's the data coming from?
Also, you mentioned that the map doesn't show up *now*. Was your setup working at any past point in time?
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

Some updates on the investigation progress. I turn on all log function capability. In the instance WMPS, I set the log mode as followed

4.png

After that, the WMPS log file lists all processes applied for every legend entry and we are able to find out which legend entry is the problem, after cross checking this id to the metadata table. We remove the broken legend entry and the WMPS starts working again

3.png

Thank you again for looking at this issue.

Kind regards,

Highlighted
Contributor

This problem occur frequently when you have on your legendentries based on GeoMedia queries based on several pipes. It seems that some syncronizations corrupts the GeoMedia library that goes with Publisher metadata. On these cases the only option you have is to recreate GWS from Publisher project, see what legendentry is affected, delete and syncronize again.  If you are able to isolate the case that library gets corrupted, I suggest you to report to product center, I've reported time ago but was not able to isolate a case, but based on the experience on several customers this only happens on customers that publish queries based on GeoMedia pipes, and not allways occurs. 

My sugggestion is that everytime you do a new map publication and a new capabilities document is generated by WMPS , then check if there's some error like the one you have found now on a legendentry processing.

As I tell you the problem is not in the WMPS , the problem is in the GeoMedia Publisher command or maybe on some GeoMedia library API that is issued on it, it's important to open a support ticket with much information as you can provide on this.

Super Contributor

Thank you, Josep. This is information is very useful. We will keep an eye on this.

Kind regards,

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.