Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

hot spots on mobile phone with sdk

I have a Portal SDK gwmpub.aspx project that works just as wanted with SVG display.  Chemical plants are hotspotted to run a URL when double clciked.  When i try this on a mobile phone, I am switched to mobile.aspx.  I don't think the display is svg and when i click on a chemical plant (can't double click on mobile phone) i get the same thing i would get clicking the "i" toolbar icon and then clicking plant.  The hotspot url is one of the attributes dispalyed but it is not dispayed as a  link , just text.  I could copy and paste the  into browser and run it but that is not very good solution.  Is there any way to make clicking a feature on cell phone behave same way (ie bring up a URL) as it does with gwmpub.aspx?

Thanks,

Jane

Technical Evangelist

Re: hot spots on mobile phone with sdk

Hi Jane,

It should display as a link when using the feature info [i]. Make sure that the database column is marked as hypertext in GDO metadata. You can review this using database utilities.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: hot spots on mobile phone with sdk

[ Edited ]

A little more info....The column functions as the hotspot when i click a plant using gwmpub.aspx but if it shifts to mobile.aspx because i am on a cell phone, then the url is just plain text and instead of jumping to the link, i get the attribute display as if I had used the information tool.    I have using an older version 2017 of the SDK for this project - maybe it has been fixed since.... 

Attached image shows column incident_info is a link and is set to by hypertext in Geomedia

In publisher the incident_info column is set to be Hotspot type of Open URL

and the last screen shot is clicking on a plant when in mobile.aspx and not getting hotspot action or hypertext link

Thanks

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.