APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

APOLLO 2018 LDAP configuration

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I am trying to enable the LDAP login module of APOLLO 2018. Up to now it is not working. The bad thing: I do not get any entries in the tomcat.log.

So this is my first question: how to enable logging? The debug-level of the LdapLoginModule is set to 9 already.

I trie to use the configurationwizard to setup the LDAP connection as well as manual steps. But still I do not have success.

Here are the manual steps:

1. Add comment (#) for the line tomcat.security.util.class=com.erdas.apollo.jaas.security.DBJaasUserCredentialsReader in <APOLLO HOME>\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\lib\config-core.jar\staticconfig.properties
  2. ensure that loginContextName in file <APOLLO HOME>\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\config\spring-jaas-auth.conf is pointing to the correct login module. Which is apollo in my case
  3. Then I modified the <APOLLO HOME>\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\spring-jaas-auth.conf and I think I have tried all more or less valid combinations:

apollo {
      org.ldaptive.jaas.LdapLoginModule required
        storePass="true"
        ldapUrl="ldap://dc1.geosystems.local:389"
        baseDn="OU=User,OU=ORG,DC=geosystems,DC=local"
        useStartTLS="false"
        bindDn="CN=Apollo nutzer,OU=User,OU=ORG,DC=geosystems,DC=local"
        bindCredential="mypassword"
        userFilter="(sAMAccountName={0})"
        debug="9";
      org.ldaptive.jaas.LdapRoleAuthorizationModule required
        useFirstPass="true"
        ldapUrl="ldap://dc3.geosystems.local:389"
        bindDn="CN=Apollo nutzer,OU=User,OU=ORG,DC=geosystems,DC=local"
        bindCredential="mypassword"
        baseDn="OU=User,OU=ORG,DC=geosystems,DC=local"
        roleFilter="(sAMAccountName={0})"
        roleAttribute="memberOf";
    };

I have tried userFilter="(sAMAccountName={user})" as well as specify the baseDn="OU=Groups,OU=ORG,DC=geosystems,DC=local",     roleFilter="(member={dn})" and roleAttribute="sAMAccountName"; But no scuccess. I am able to bind to the LDAP using the defined user.

Because of the missing log entries I do not get any clue what's going wrong and thus I have no idea what to try next.

Any help is more than welcome.

Fritz

Geography is what geographers do...
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: APOLLO 2018 LDAP configuration

Sorry for double posting. But this thread has been blocked as spam and has been unlocked by the admin afer I have posted the solution which can be found here:

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-ERDAS-APOLLO/Some-help-and-hits-for-APOLLO-2018-L...

Cheers

Fritz

Geography is what geographers do...