APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Anonymous

Apollo Services (Vector format data) in XYZ Tile Server format

Hi Guys,

I have a specific requirement where the client wants services in XYZ Tile Server format (%z/%y/%x.png). Using Apollo Core (Essentials) and enabling the Geoservices on the datasets I am able to acheive this as show in below URL:

http://demo-apollo16.hexagongeospatial.com/erdas-iws/esri/APOLLO-Catalog/rest/services/cherokeemosai...

But again this works only for raster datasets. Any idea how can we achieve this for vector formats?

Regards,

Rohit

Highlighted

Re: Apollo Services (Vector format data) in XYZ Tile Server format

Hi Rohit,

The Core supports only raster (and HPC point clouds).

Regards,

Florent

Highlighted
Anonymous

Florent,

Yes I was able to achieve this by enabling the GeoServices on the datasets. The ESRI rest interface supports XYZ tiling scheme.

But again, as you said it is only for raster formats. Any idea if there is wat around to support vector services.

I was thinking of creating an OTDF from a WMS (vector datasets) and then enabling the geoservices, but I am not sure if this would work. Moreover, I am yet to achieve creating an OTDF file from WMS.

Regards,

Rohit Sinha

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Maybe related. There is known issue with Apollo legacy vector service with XYZ vector data. Geospatial portal can not render this kind of data since Apollo output dimension as 2 instead of 3.

CR 1-W5776X Apollo legacy WFS service output wrong dimension for XYZ/3D Vector.

Highlighted

@Rohit.Sinha wrote:

I was thinking of creating an OTDF from a WMS (vector datasets) and then enabling the geoservices, but I am not sure if this would work. Moreover, I am yet to achieve creating an OTDF file from WMS.

Yes, maybe it is a good workaround.

We have OTDF builder for that. It is included inside the ERDAS APOLLO Utilities (no license needed): http://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/erdas-apollo-utilities-2016

Just pay attention that OTDF builder doesn't support WMS 1.3.0 if I remember correctly.

Regards,

Florent