APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Apollo for WFS for external use

Hi there,

I am investigating setting up a WFS connection so our spatial data is always live for the vendor that we use for Dial Before You Dig. Currently we send them shapefiles every so often. Is Apollo the only/best option to do this or are there other Hexagon products that allow this? I haven't used Apollo but have just been trying to install on the server so just checking before I keep going.

Thanks,

Josh

Highlighted

Re: Apollo for WFS for external use

Hi Josh,

I can see two different workflows with APOLLO that might fit your needs:

• Use APOLLO to catalog/crawl your shapefiles (you can even schedule an automatic crawling or watch a folder). The customer can log in to your Portal (Geospatial Portal for instance), search for data, check the data on the map and download the shapefile(s) in a zip. There is no WFS involved here.
  • Create a WFS with APOLLO. Give the WFS URL to the customer and the customer will use the WFS requests to get the data he needs (in his own software). Or, harvest this WFS in the APOLLO catalog and the customer can use the Geospatial Portal to search for data and get the WFS URL. The issue here is that you might need to create each time a new WFS or update an existing one. The other limitation is that the WFS cannot export shp.

APOLLO is not the only Hexagon Geospatial product that can create WFS (I think you have at least: GeoMedia WebMap, GeoMedia SmartClient and M.App Enterprise).

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the different options. That first option sounds good.

If Webmap supports WFS as shapefiles I will try that also.

Regards,

Josh

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Flo,

Could you point me to documentation on how to set up a web features service (so I can share our data with a vendor) within Webmap 2020?

I tried searching the documentation but WFS is listed in a lot of places so it is a bit tricky to find.

Regards,

Josh

Highlighted

I don't really know WebMap. It would be better to ask the appropriate board: https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/WebGIS-Discussions/bd-p/Discussions_KS_WebGIS

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Josh,

The best entry point for creating a WFS via WebMap is this documentation section:

How to Create and Configure WFS

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial