APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Apollo recurring crawler issues

Hi,

Have you met with problem with recurring crawling (minutely, hourly, daily....)? Every inteval job ends with error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.FileCollectionCrawler.execute(FileCollectionCrawler.java:55)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.FileCollectionCrawler.execute(FileCollectionCrawler.java:36)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.CrawlerServiceImpl.crawl(CrawlerServiceImpl.java:80)
at jdk.internal.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor391.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob.doExecute(ApolloServiceRunnerJob.java:564)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob.execute(ApolloServiceRunnerJob.java:168)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)

I am using Erdas Apollo Pro 2020 (2018 EP04 has the same issue), Windows Server 2019 and OJDK 11.0.5

Technical Evangelist

Re: Apollo recurring crawler issues

I could not duplicate this issue in APOLLO 2020, but I do notice the following issue (AP-11116)

[How to repeat]
[1] Set crawler job (FIVEMINUTELY as interval)
[2] The job run immediately, and images get crawled correctly.
[3] Add new images in the same folder, and wait for next Run date.

[What was expected to happen]
New images will be crawled at next run date

[What did happen]
Nothing happened.

Hope it helps.

haiyan