APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Crawling ts motion video files in ERDASAPOLLO

I have crawled TS Video data using Erdas Apollo Data manager with metadata KLV file , I can see the data in Data Manager & Apollo Portal but when we add in Data Manager map and Portal as Services its not

showing on map or I cannot view video , Is there any additional Configration for Motion Video as i have already installed on server Windows Server Essentials Experience role,

Highlighted
Staff inactive

Re: Crawling ts motion video files in ERDASAPOLLO

ERDAS APOLLO will only crawl and catalog video data and if the video has a geospatial footprint, it will also display the footprint in the map window in the ERDAS APOLLO Portal or the Data Manager map view.  ERDAS APOLLO does not stream or play video or serve it out as a service.  This is explained in the ERDAS APOLLO Server User Guide in the "Generic & Business Data" section.

Generic & Business Data [ERDAS APOLLO Server User Guide] (16.01)

Rendering: Currently ERDAS APOLLO does not support the rendering of crawled videos within its Portal or streaming to other applications, however users have the option download the video file, provided the download file size (in Mb) is allowed by the system administrator. Also the user can access the files URI for through the ERDAS APOLLO Portal of the ERDAS APOLLO Web Catalog which can then be copied and used in other applications.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Joe, 

Thanks for your reply,

I found in Erdas apollo 2016 EP-1,

If you intend to use ERDAS APOLLO to catalog Full Motion Video data, the following
prerequisites must be installed.

Windows Server 2012 R2
----------------------

1. Windows Server Essentials Experience role. Add this role to your system using
    Windows Server Manager.
    NOTE: It is not necessary to configure Windows Server Essentials. You can
    simply take all the defaults when installing the role.
    2. Windows Server Essentials Media Pack for Windows Server 2012 R2. Download and
    install from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40837

I tried all steps but i cannot load through Url or cannot see video in Geomedia Motion Video through Apollo Explorer in GM ,

Please suggest me what workflow i should use to get the video in GM Motion Video,

Thanks,

Highlighted
Staff inactive

I do not belive GM Motion Video will use the URL (http://), but instead you will need to find the video in the Geospatial Portal, select the record in the Results Panel, then click on the Metadata button.  This will open up the Index Metadata window.  In that window you should find the file URI... however if you are not on that local network the file URI will not do you any good.  Instead you would have to just download the file to your local machine and use it.

The video will not show up in the GM ERDAS APOLLO Explorer because it is not cataloged and served out as an OGC standard... instead it is cataloged in ERDAS APOLLO as 'Generic Data' which the Explorer does not search against.  Hope this answer makes sense.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate your support, I can see the video extention on the map Data manager and Apollo Portal,

we are using the workflow from terrashare so we thought Apollo will aslo support same like TS

Thanks