APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Custom metadata profile

Hi,

For one of our projects we would require a custom metadata profile to limit the size of the returned JSON answer.
Unfortunately, the project relevant metadata (name,tags and ogcUniqueName) are only available in one of the *-full profiles.
For larger result lists the JSON document become relatively big. We can't use paging unfortunately.

Do you support such custom profile and is there some documentation available on how to set this up?

Thanks and best regards,

Thomas

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Custom metadata profile

Hi Thomas,

Do you mean query metadata using Apollo REST API?

best
haiyan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Hi Haiyan,

Sorry, missed that info. Yes, I am using the Rest API.

Thomas

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the info. I am wondering if you can share an example of REST API you are using.
Are you using API console->Entire Catalog->Get a catalog item? it has profile selection.

API.png

best

Haiyan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I am using the direct access to the catalog item as you are showing and the search end point.
Both allow the specification of a profile. My question is about creating a custom profile which only includes exactly the metadata required to limit the amount transferred.
So instead of using 'summary' I would like to use 'CustomProfileOfThomas'.

2020-09-15 16_19_32-ERDAS APOLLO API Documentation.png

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

From discussions years back with the guys from Liege, I remember that it was possible to create such custom profiles but I cannot find any documentation about it.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Thomas,

I am not sure about this workflow, will check it with development team if that is possible.

best
haiyan

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Thomas,

For custom profile, it is possible, but we could not find any details workflow. please request enhancement (product ideas).

For other profiles you can try "full", "summary", "brief" in API as profile name.

best

haiyan

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Ok, thanks for checking! I will request an enhancement then.

Thomas