APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Erdas Apollo 2016 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have installed Erdas Apollo on a  RHEL 7.2 machine. Installing the rpm pulled in some but not all the dependencies on the good side we had :

• httpd-tools-2.4.6-40.el7_2.4.x86_64
  • mailcap-2.1.41-2.el7.noarch
  • httpd-2.4.6-40.el7_2.4.x86_64
  • libpng12-1.2.50-7.el7_2.x86_64

but I had to manually install:

• mod_fcgid-2.3.9-4.el7.x86_64

The next thing that caused some issues was the Apache 2.4 configuration to make it work with mod_fcgid I had do change the ERDASAPOLLO.conf:

# diff /etc/httpd/conf.d/ERDASAPOLLO.conf /usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/config/ERDASAPOLLO24.conf
10,12c10,12
< Alias "/erdas-iws/samples" "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/storage/htdocs/samples"
< Alias "/erdas-iws/doc" "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/doc/Essentials"
< Alias "/erdas-apollo" "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/storage/htdocs/apollo-landing"
---
> Alias /erdas-iws/samples "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/storage/htdocs/samples"
> Alias /erdas-iws/doc "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/doc/Essentials"
> Alias /erdas-apollo "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/storage/htdocs/apollo-landing"
27c27
< <IfModule mod_fcgid.c>
---
> <IfModule mod_fastcgi.c>
29,33d28
< <Proxy "fcgi://127.0.0.1:10001">
< ProxySet connectiontimeout=3600
< </Proxy>
< ProxyTimeout 3600
<
36c31
< SetHandler proxy:fcgi://127.0.0.1:10001
---
> SetHandler fastcgi-script
37a33
> FastCgiExternalServer "/var/www/html/jpip" -pass-header "Authorization" -host "localhost:10001" -flush -idle-timeout 240 -appConnTimeout 0
39c35
< <Location /v1/statistics>
---
> <Location /v1/statistics>
41c37
---
42a39
> FastCgiExternalServer "/var/www/html/statistics" -pass-header "Authorization" -host "localhost:10001" -flush -idle-timeout 240 -appConnTimeout 0
46c43
---
48,49c45,47
<
< <Location "/erdas-iws/doc">
---
> FastCgiExternalServer "/var/www/html/erdas-iws" -pass-header "Authorization" -host "localhost:10001" -flush -idle-timeout 240 -appConnTimeout 0
>
> <Location /erdas-iws/doc>
69c67
<
---
>

Afer that I am able to access the examples under  "http://webserver/erdas-apollo/#/examples" which is good.

Now I  want to use a PostgreSQL  database as our sqlite filelist.db replacement. I have created a PostgreSQL DB on another server and the  "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/server/DatabaseUpgrader" can connect to it but can not create the needed schema/tables etc.

I have tried to find documentation about creating the schema but haven't found any yet. 

My PostgreSQL questions are:

1. Would it be sufficient to create the same tables,indexes  that exists in the  filelist.db?
  2. What entries do I need to add to the  "Database" section at the "/usr/local/hexagon/erdas-apollo/config/config.xml" - just the connection parameters that the DatabaseUpgrader uses?

One of our image stores is quite large 230k+ images which seems to affect the stability of the NCSImageWebServer, actions from the java admin console or other requests i.e. GetCapabilities quite often crash the service does anyone here have experience with a good working maxium number for image folders?

I have currently set the LogLevel to debug but unfortunately was not able to capture any useful causes for crashes. Do you

have more suggestions for better debugging?

Kind Regards,

Sirko

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Re: Erdas Apollo 2016 Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.2

I have another questions in regards to the Postgresql database:

Should I convert the sqlite bool columns to Postgresql boolean and convert the data (1::boolean),(0::boolean) or should I create it as integer and do a straight import?

Kind Regards,

Sirko

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I'll go with integer for now and do this a conversion like this  if I have to...

Kind Regards,

Sirko

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Had to install a windows instance to get to the information... :'(

<Database>
      <DriverName>QPSQL</DriverName>
      <Port>5432</Port>
      <Username>foo</Username>
      <HostName>bla.blubs.de</HostName>
      <Name>foobardb</Name>