APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Erdas Apollo | Direct Download of datasets

Hello everyone!

I stumbled upon an issue discussed to some extent here (https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/APOLLO-ECW-JP2-Discussions/Direct-Download-Link-Data-Mana... & https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/APOLLO-ECW-JP2-Discussions/Simple-download-through-API/td...), but I am hoping that something new has come up since then.

We have a server containing mostly raster datasets (satellite imagery) that we want to be accessible for clients/end-users (for downloading them in their workstation). The clients are connected in the same network/LAN with the server.

I am aware that the clients/end-users should have the appropriate privileges (read/write I suppose?), but how they could download the server datasets? I also tried to designated all clients as data managers (in order to have access though data manager sw) but even then, it wasn’t possible to download the data locally in their workstation.

Is there a workaround or am I missing something? The new software Catalog Explorer 2.0 (https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/apollo/catalog-explorer-2-0) provides a solution to this issue?

Any and all suggestions would be more than welcome!

Best, 

Yannis

Technical Evangelist

Re: Erdas Apollo | Direct Download of datasets

Hi Yannis,

Do you mean you can not download cataloged images from Apollo portal? What version of Apollo do you use? From Apollo data manager, you need to make sure the "Enable Services->Enable Download Services" is true for your aggregates and datasets.

You can login to Apollo portal as data manager or admin to see if you can download the dataset.

best

haiyan

New Contributor

Re: Erdas Apollo | Direct Download of datasets

Hi haiyan and thanks so much for the reply!

According to your suggestion I changed some things in the data manager (enable download services)

However, I am still not able to download datasets (images in particular) from geospatial portal. To be completelly honest I am not sure if I am doing it the right way. I tried via the geospatial portal, with download option by providing an email address, but the data never arrived. Furthermore, I was hoping that another option for direct download shall be available (other than the email option), since the corresponding datasets are relatively big (>1 gb).  

I am currently using Apollo 16.5, but in the near future I will have to configure an Apollo 16.6 to the same functionalities, so if something is different in the 16.6 version please let me know

Forgive my limited knowledge on the subject, and if you can direct me towards some online resources/tutorials on how to configure my Apollo/data manager to deliver/download datasets I would be gratefull.  

Thanks in advance & any and all comments are much appreciated! 

Best, 

Yannis