APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

First codestream compatibility list in ftyp box always advertised as Profile 1

[ Edited ]

When using the ECW/JP2 v5.4.0 or earlier SDK to write JPEG2000 files, the JPEG2000 compatibility list in the `ftyp` box declares that the first codestream conforms to Profile 1 no matter which profile the first codestream actually belongs to.

In the old, non-closed v3 source of the SDK we used to be able to identify where this problem occurs:

CNCSJP2File::CNCSJP2FileTypeBox::CNCSJP2FileTypeBox()
 {
 	// Initialise members
 	m_nTBox = sm_nTBox;
 	m_Brand = sm_JP2Brand;//'jpx\040';	// JPX Brand
 	m_nMinV = 0;
 	m_CLList.push_back(sm_JP2Brand);	// JPEG2000 Part 1 Compatible
 	m_CLList.push_back(0x4a325031/*'J2P1'*/);			// JPEG2000 Part 1 Profile 1 Compliant Codestream

Here, you could see that `m_CLList.push_back(0x4a325031/*'J2P1'*/)` unconditionally used.

In that older code, a possible fix would be to omit the `push_back` here and instead when setting the profile do something like:

switch(m_Parameters[i].m_eParam) {
 			case JP2_COMPRESS_PROFILE_BASELINE_0:
 				m_pFile->m_eCompressionProfile = CNCSJPC::BASELINE_0;
 				m_pFile->m_FileType.m_CLList.push_back(0x4a325030); // J2P0
 				break;
 			case JP2_COMPRESS_PROFILE_BASELINE_1:
 				m_pFile->m_eCompressionProfile = CNCSJPC::BASELINE_1;
 				m_pFile->m_FileType.m_CLList.push_back(0x4a325031); // J2P1
 				break; // etc., etc.

It would be nice if future versions of the SDK did something like this to set the proper profile in the compatibility list.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: First codestream compatibility list in ftyp box always advertised as Profile 1

No replies for 2 weeks: maybe I'm in the wrong place. Is there a more direct way to report bugs to the SDK developers?

Highlighted

Re: First codestream compatibility list in ftyp box always advertised as Profile 1

Hi jake.molnar,

If there is an actual bug that you can prove through code snippets the issue can be logged through our support system.

If it is a change or addition in functionality that you would like to see then our Ideas page would be the place to post.

Thanks,

Marc

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks Marc,

I just tried logging a ticket in the support system, but I couldn't find a product that corresponds to the ECW/JP2 SDK. What should I put for the "Product" and "Version" fields?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Jake,

I saw the support ticket, and will check your question with SDK development team.

best

haiyan