APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GPU support

I see articles and statements from 2012 - 2014 that GPU support is coming.

I also see that model.dll is being called in the application I am performance analyzing and I belive it is doing image processing on the WMS pyramid. The machine has no GPUs.

Has GPU support for model.dll image processing/raster filters/spatial filter arrived yet?

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: GPU support

From my understanding, IMAGINE implemented the GPU enabled spatial modeler operator "convolution filter" in IMAGINE 2013, so if user use this operator in WPS geoprocess, then GPU will be used.

In most cases, the bottleneck is the I/O, not the CPU.

best

haiyan

Highlighted
New Contributor

THANKS

I am looking for any documentation on GPU support for model.dll.

Is model.dll part of spatial modeler? I think so.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Haiyan,

And what do you know about use of GPU when Apollo is building the response image  for Web Map Services 

Regards

Enrique Martínez

Merrick

Highlighted
New Contributor

from what I can tell when building the response image  for Web Map Services GPUs are not used. The software is highly efficent at chipping raster image data, but vector data is rendered without GPUs. I can not find any documentation that Apollo supports GPUs. That said when model.dll is used to process a ERDAS model on raster data GPUs may be used based on a previous response for some filters. I'm working on finding this documentation.