APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

How to set white as transparent for tiff images for ECW compression?

[ Edited ]

Hello Community, I want to create a ECW mosaik using multiple tiff files. All of these files show development plans and all have white areas around the actual plan. I want the white areas to be transparent so that the plans fit together in one single image. In the GeoCompressor I used the "Max Band Value" (in the Opacity Channel Options > "Null Band Value") to set white as the transparent color. But in the finishe ECW file the white areas are still there and they are overlapping parts of the actual plan. I figured that I need to use a different approach. So I tried to set White as transparent with ERDAS IMAGINE. But this Setting is ignored by GeoCompressor. So what I need is a way to preprocess my tiff files in such a manner that white will be interpreted as transparent in GeoCompressor. I am very grateful for any Input.

Re: How to set white as transparent for tiff images for ECW compression?

Hi,

If you have a vector file to delimitate the null zones, you can use it in GeoCompressor.

Or maybe try to reclass your Tiff in ERDAS IMAGINE to assign 0 to the white zones.

Do you have a sample of your Tiff files?

Regards,

Florent

New Contributor

Hello Florent, I don't have a vector file to deliminate the null zones. I also tried to reclass the Images in ERDAS IMAGINE. But GeoCompressor seems to ignore that. I do have some sample Images. How can I send them to you? BTW: With gdal_translate I was able to reclass the Images in a way that the transparency is preserved by GeoCompressor. But I do prefer a solution based on ERDAS IMAGINE. Regards, Mario

Hi Mario,

You can send me some samples with FileTransfer. Choose public access and when requested ("Recipient Email") fill with my email address: my pseudo @hexagongeospatial.com.

Regards,

Florent