APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Invisible WMS from ECW on Apollo

Hi again guys...

I´m having some troubles publishing a gray ECW file trough WMS using Apollo Pro 2016. 

Either from the catalog of from a legacy service the resulting WMS layer shows transparent. I know the service is working but the entire image is getting a 0 value or that’s what I get if I query the layer using get feature info (from geospatial portal or other tools).

The raster was created using ERDAS Imagine 2016 and it shows fine there…

Only happens with single band ecw, 3 band RGB works fine and single band TIF works too…

Any Ideas?

Re: Invisible WMS from ECW on Apollo

Hi,

Try to set the raster styles in the Data Manager. For the default style, choose RGB channels and set the band1 for all the channels. Tell me if it solve the problem.

Regards,

Florent

Occasional Contributor

Hi florent...

That works in deed and now I can see the layers, but unfortunately, I’m missing the Color Map and Hillshade style options... This raises another question: is that the way it is supposed to be with ECW or that’s a bug that should be fixed? 

[ Edited ]

Yes, it is a bug.

I will report this.

Occasional Contributor

Hi Florent… I can confirm that the bug appears in Apollo 16 and 16.1.

I´m, submitting a SR about it right now.

(SR 1-1843030471)

Technical Evangelist

This issue has been reported to engineering team, and the CR is 1-GON2FX

Here is the KB: http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-APOLLO-Q-A/Blank-WMS-rendering-for-certain-one-band-...

best

haiyan