APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff
Accepted Solution

Styles in Apollo Catalog datasets

Hi everyone, 

Hope all good. 

I have couple of question on Styling of datasets in Apollo catalog. 

So in the data manager, am aware of raster styling and vector styling. 

1. In Raster styling, instead apply style to entire folder, is there any workaround to style the individual raster datasets in the aggregate folder? As it can be done in vector files. 
  2.  And once we apply different styles to datasets in folder, we can't able to view the datasets applied styles in data manager map window. Only default style is visible. is there any possibilities to view that? 
  3. And for vector styling, I would like to create discrete classification style for each class in LULC shapefile. I tried vector Style Editor, But it is not giving appropirate results. It always showing cross line styles not solid solid color to each classes. 

Am attaching the shapefiles here in Zip format. Please work on it and let me know the results.

So anyone, please suggest the possibilities for better outcomes. 

Thanks. 

Regards, 

karthik.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Styles in Apollo Catalog datasets

Hi Karthik,

For [1] that will be enhancement request for create raster style on dataset level in data manager.

If you want to have different style for dataset level, you need to use Apollo essential. Basically first configure Apollo adv/pro WMS using Core WMS instead of legacy WMS, so that any style defined in Apollo essential will be automatically used in Apollo adv/pro. Then you can use Apollo essential admin console to define styles for your dataset.

For [3], it seems like a bug, please create ticket for it.

Hope it helps.
haiyan

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Highlighted
Staff

Thanks haiyan, 

Got your points. So I have already crawled datasets and created services under Legacy configurations. if I reconfigure again with CORE WMS configuration, will it affect anything with the datasets and services. 

What is the limitations for CORE WMS configurations compared to legacy configurations?

Please reply. 

Karthik. 

Highlighted

Hi Karthik,

The limitations are listed in the documentation:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/o5DPV77SriGqPhcximHwaw/7OHPhA0pDUX_XERuVXIDaw

corewms.PNG

Switching between Core and legacy engines for the a raster catalog WMS, doesn't affect your already crawled data.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Karthik,

I totally agree with Flo on the core vs legacy WMS.

best

haiyan

Highlighted
Staff

Thanks haiyan and flo. 

Understood. It helps out. 

regards, 

karthik.