APOLLO & ECW/JP2 Discussions

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

programatically manipulating the security settings?

I'm investigating how to dynamically set the security settings so I can give different users access to resources.

AFAIK there's no api to do this so I'm thinking to manipulate the database myself

This is what I've found:

add/remove users/roles in the principals table

connect users to roles in the user_roles table

give read/write permissions to catalog items using the persistent_object_right table (where I'm a bit surprised that the principal column is not a foreign key

What I'm unable to find however is where the 'scale range' and 'spatial range' are stored. 

Any pointers?

Also: is there another better way?

Technical Evangelist

Re: programatically manipulating the security settings?

It looks like there is no REST API that can modify scale and spatial range security right now.
Normally we don't recommend customer to change database directly since the catalog design can change from version to version.

I will double check this with Apollo development team.

best

Qu

Technical Evangelist

You can actually use REST API

API Console > Entire Catalog > PUT /content/catalog/items/{ID}/rights
security.jpg
Frequent Contributor

Hi Haiyan,

Yes somebody else pointed me to this endpoint to. This is great. But shouldn't there also be an endpoint to manage the users/principals? Then I can handle the entire process of giving access to catalog items to different users

Technical Evangelist

Checked this with Apollo development team, and basically it is no possible to create/modify user and roles in REST API right now. This is only available using Data manager or APOLLO server JAVA SDK.

You can submit this as enhancement as ideation or submit development ticket.

Hope it helps.

haiyan