Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Upgrade Apollo 2016.0/2016.1/2016.2 to 2016.3 ( and update ISO metadata for the catalog)

by Technical Evangelist ‎07-25-2017 07:28 AM - edited ‎10-13-2017 07:41 AM (4,157 Views)

[0] If upgrading from Apollo 2016.0 to 2016.3 (support Full Motion Video data), user need to install the following features:

Windows Server 2012 R2
----------------------

1. Windows Server Essentials Experience role. Add this role to your system using
Windows Server Manager.
2. Windows Server Essentials Media Pack for Windows Server 2012 R2. Download and install from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40837

NOTE: It is not necessary to configure Windows Server Essentials. If Windows warns you or prompts you to configure the Windows Server Essentials Experience role or the Windows Server Essentials Media Pack, you can ignore these warnings and simply take all the defaults when installing these components.

Windows Server 2008 R2
----------------------

1. Desktop Experience feature. Add this feature to your system using Windows Server Manager.
2. Windows Media Services 2008 for Windows Server 2008 R2. Download and install from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20424

[1] Make sure Tomcat & Dropbox services setup as automatic, then stop both services

[2] Stop Geospatial Server administrator console Service

[3] Install Apollo data manager 16.3 patch

[4] Install Apollo Server 16.3 patch

[4.1] Check time stamp after you installed 16.3

There is a known issue with date timestamp (user will get a lot of 'quartzSchedulerFactory' related error in the Tomcat server log, and user will not be able to login to data manager): Basically user will get this issue when install a major version then immediately apply patches. There's a situation in which some configuration files don't get updated when they should. We've already identified the problem and will fix it in our next release. The problem only happens when the target (non .TEMPLATE) file has a modified date that is newer than the corresponding template file date. If you installed 16.0 when it came out and haven't modified these configuration files since, then the new files in 16.3 will have a newer mod date than the existing 16.0 files. The problem generally happens when you install 16.0 after 16.3 was released, then patch with 16.3. It's also not new to 16.0/16.3, the problem has been around for some time.

After installation, use TotalCommander (File->Change Attributes) to modify date of the following files to be 2015
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\config\erdas-apollo\apollo_quartz.properties
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\config\erdas-apollo\providers\coverage\providers.fac
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\config\erdas-apollo\providers\coverage\decoder.yaml
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\config\erdas-apollo\providers\vector\providers.fac
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\config\erdas-apollo\metadata\metadata.yaml

Basically the date of above files need to be older than the following *.TEMPLATE files; if above files are older than *.TEMPLATE files, then no need for TotalCommander workflow.
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\storage\config_ap_clean\erdas-apollo\apollo_quartz.properties.TEMPLATE
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\storage\config_ap_clean\providers\coverage\providers.fac.TEMPLATE
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\storage\config_ap_clean\providers\coverage\decoder.yaml.TEMPLATE
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\storage\config_ap_clean\providers\vector\providers.fac.TEMPLATE
<APOLLO_INSTALLATION>\storage\config_ap_cleano\metadata\metadata.yaml.TEMPLATE

NOTE: 64bit TotalCommander can be downloaded @ https://www.ghisler.com/amazons3.php

Or

use the following command line to modify the date for template files. 

>forfiles /P "C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO" /M *.TEMPLATE /S /C "cmd /c Copy /B @path+,,"  

[5] Start Geospatial Server administrator console Service

[6] Configure Apollo. Run C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\configwizard\.ConfigurationWizard.exe as administrator.

[7] Set Tomcat & Dropbox services setup as manual start, then restart the physical server.

[8] Manually start Tomcat service.

[9] Start Apollo data manager to update ISO Metadata for Apollo catalog

Apollo 2016.3 significantly improves to the ISO Metada framework, user can use data manager to update existing ISO metadata to the new framework.
From data manager, go to Catalog->ROOT, and right-click on ROOT to choose "Update ISO Metadata". (see the following screen copy)
From "Update ISO Metadata" dialog, check "For Datasets" and "For Aggregates"
Click OK.

Customizing WMTS Tile Matrix Sets.jpg

Comments
by jfornons
on ‎08-28-2017 04:20 AM
I have done all steps , I start Erdas apollo dropbox and tomcat , but when trying to connect from Datamanager with user admin I get message that Failed to connect to rpc endpoint (HTTP 404)
by Wolmar.Sabino
on ‎09-18-2017 02:12 PM

Dears,

I'm having the problem with this same subject. 

Three weeks ago I installed APOLLO 2016 with SP2. The environment was correct, but When I installed today the SP3, The Apollo Died!!!

Any idea about this?

Thanks,

Wolmar

by jfornons
on ‎09-18-2017 02:19 PM

In my case I run again the instructions above, reboot the machine and  I  connected again to Apollo.

This setup is very strange. I don't know if product center is preparing a new setup that don't require extra steps. 

by Wolmar.Sabino
on ‎09-18-2017 02:21 PM

Thanks Josep!!!

I will Try to execute again the steps above.

Regards,

Wolmar

by sumay
on ‎09-19-2017 01:51 AM

Hi All,

I faced the same problem. In my case, it was because after running the configuration wizard ,step 6, Apollo Tomcat service was deleted automatically in windows services. After I rerun the configuration wizard, the Apollo Tomcat service is added again in the windows services. So my solution was running the configuration wizard again.

Hope this help for your case too. 

Regards,

Su May

Contributors