Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Drag-and-drop to access images in GeoMedia without inserting to a warehouse

by on ‎11-30-2017 11:45 PM - last edited on ‎12-08-2017 12:10 PM by Technical Evangelist

As a user of imagery in GeoMedia, I would like to be able to drag-and-drop images directly from their locations on the file system into the GeoMedia user interface, so that I don't have to first insert those images into a warehouse.

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release.

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎12-08-2017 12:15 PM

Your idea covers two areas that are really quite different efforts for us - access to imagery via drag-and-drop without inserting into a database; versus access to other forms of data via drag-and-drop that would bypass "manual" warehouse connections.  I need for those to show as two different ideas - they would be achieved independently and I suspect we'll see different levels of support for them when voting (they both will be popular).

I have re-cast this Idea to be focused on just the imagery part.  Would you be so kind as to file a different Idea for the warehouse / data access part of your original request?  I think it best if it shows you as the creator rather than me.  Thank you!  - Hal

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎12-08-2017 12:15 PM
Status changed to: Candidate

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎09-05-2019 02:55 PM
Status changed to: Targeted for an upcoming release

We plan to include this with GeoMedia 16.6, currently targeting Oct 2019.

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎10-21-2019 11:30 AM
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release.