Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Improve support for "numeric" number format in PostGIS through more precise type mapping

by on ‎05-08-2018 12:51 AM - last edited on ‎11-12-2018 01:46 PM by Technical Evangelist

As a GeoMedia user of PostGIS databases, I want GeoMedia to support the "numeric" number format in PostGIS for decimals, so that wrong numbers are not shown in GeoMedia, when I query I do not have to wonder if they are correctly served, and I do not have to manually alter the data type of such fields.

Unfortunately the "numeric" data type is currently not supported by the PostGIS data server and wrong numbers (wrong information) are shown in GeoMedia. The user has to control all of its data to be sure that the right numbers are imported.

It is only possible to work in GeoMedia with this "numeric" number format of PostGIS without issues by transforming the according column into a "double precision" number format.  This workaround is not satisfying because it means to convert every column seperate and manually.

Unnecessary additional effort for the user arises.

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎04-06-2020 02:28 PM
Status changed to: Delivered