Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remember tree node expansion state for GeoWorkspace Explorer

by on ‎06-28-2018 07:25 AM - last edited on ‎11-19-2018 03:15 PM by Technical Evangelist

As a GeoMedia user who has geoworkspaces with many connections, each one with dozens of feature classes, I want that the "Refresh All" command from Geoworkspace Explorer could remember the prior status of the tree list so I won't have to manually re-expand it after a refresh.

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release.

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎06-28-2018 08:15 AM
Status changed to: Candidate

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎06-28-2018 08:19 AM

I agree that this is a real usability problem.  Probably the most straightforward way to solve it would be to not require Refresh All to be used at all, but for the tree to automatically stay fresh with changes in the GeoWorkspace (you can see this occuring when you add and remove warehouse connections, for example).

This is the way that queries are supposed to work as well, but we ran into some technical gaps in the GWS event suite that kept us from it.  If it's okay with you, I may broaden this to discuss that possibility as well, with a dual emphasis to (a) keep the tree contents fresh; (b) not lose the tree branch state when a Refresh All is required.  - Hal

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎06-05-2019 12:03 PM
Status changed to: Targeted for an upcoming release

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎10-21-2019 11:32 AM
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release.