Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Show source of legend entry in ME Studio

by on ‎04-07-2020 02:07 AM

As a studio user of ME I "pimp" the names of my legend entries, so that the users have a better experience.

This means, that a feature "ax_gebaeude" will be renamed in Legend (e.g. Desktop App -> Legend) so that the user sees "Gebäude" and doesn't see any prefixes etc. This works fine.

But: When I come back a few months later and want to do some changes in my legend I am not able to understand which renamend legend entry belongs to which feature class (see attached screenshot).

I suggest that there should be an update that shows me the original fetaure class in Studio, so that I am able to understand the dependencies.

Thanks

Stefan

(PS: Yes, I am using significantly more than a few legend entries ;-)

Hi Stefan,

this feature is already implemented since 16.6.0 or even before. If you hover the "Vector data" icon you will see where the original dataset is coming from. 

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎04-07-2020 06:02 AM
Status changed to: Delivered

Hi Stefan,

this feature is already implemented since 16.6.0 or even before. If you hover the "Vector data" icon you will see where the original dataset is coming from. 

by
on ‎04-07-2020 06:06 AM

Hi Stefan,

that's embarassing.... but I needed some time till I noticed that I must hover exactly the vector-symbol to see that.

But now it's fine!

Thanks!

Stefan