Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Spatial Modeler add 'Boundary to Features' operator

by on ‎09-03-2019 11:04 PM

I would like to see an new operator that could take as input an Boundary (IMAGINE.Boundary) and output Features (IMAGINE.Features).

That would allow a boundary from (say) an raster image to be available as a feature that can be used for feature analysis. e.g. filter feature by the raster boundary.

example concept (Mock up of an 'Boundary to Features' operator and how it could be used):

BoundaryToFeatures.png

(An alternative approach would be to introduce a new Functional Attribute Expression such as 'CREATEPOINT(X,Y,Z,CRS)'. Could then take the Boundary and extract MinX, MaxX, MinY, MaxY as input to Create Point expression. That could then feed into existing functional attribute CREATEPOLYGON expression which I suspect would give Boundary To Features equiv)

Capability to build the Spatial Model shown on  ‎09-04-2019 delivered with Spatial Modeler 2020.

Comments
by
on ‎09-03-2019 11:08 PM

Just noticed existing idea https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/GeoMedia-Functional-Attributes-Additional-f... that would provide sufficient functionality to make this work, making a specific 'Boundary To Feature' operator would then be 'nice to have'.

by
on ‎09-03-2019 11:32 PM

Just realised using Functional Attribute would require an source feature to start with, which wouldn't exist in this case (I think) so would be back to a dedicated 'Boundary to Features' operator rather than relying on an new 'Create Point' functional attribute expression.

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎09-04-2019 10:01 AM

Yes, I agree Shaun. - Hal

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎09-04-2019 10:32 AM

Perhaps something along these lines?

autogrid_model.PNG

by Technical Evangelist
‎09-04-2019 10:43 AM - edited ‎09-04-2019 10:44 AM

More specifically to your request:

raster_boundary.PNG

If erveryone votes for it you just might see it in ERDAS IMAGINE 2020 next Quarter!

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎09-17-2019 08:21 AM
Status changed to: Targeted for an upcoming release

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎10-21-2019 01:36 PM
Status changed to: Delivered

Capability to build the Spatial Model shown on  ‎09-04-2019 delivered with Spatial Modeler 2020.