Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Support GeoTagged photos

by on ‎03-12-2018 07:25 AM - last edited on ‎03-12-2018 09:43 AM by Technical Evangelist

As a user of GeoMedia, I want to be able to create attributed point features from GeoTagged photos (like JPG or TIFF), so that they can be georeferenced, displayed, queried, and hyperlinked to the actual photo.

Additional details:

Since GeoTags got more and more popular over the last years and most camera devices have built-in GPS functionality to date, it seems indeed reasonable for a modern GIS to support this. As far as I know there was a tool called 'GeoTagPhotos' for GeoMedia 6.1...  maybe this tool offered a similar function.

A respective command or option, e.g. placed within the 'Raster' tab, should be able to read and process GeoTag information from image metadata (like EXIF) which could be GPS location information (latitude, longitude, altitude) and maybe also additional information (like timestamp or aspect/direction). This information could be used to create a point feature class for each photo in a folder with respective attributes and optional attach the photos to the point feature class (so that they are directly visible on the map).

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release via the new Insert Geotagged Images and Review Geotagged Images commands on the Raster ribbon tab.

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎03-12-2018 09:43 AM
Status changed to: Candidate

by
on ‎03-13-2018 06:37 AM

Hello Hal,

thank you for adding the required user story. Sorry for missing it.

Best regards,

Ariane

by
on ‎04-23-2018 03:06 PM

German colleages made something like that in GM6.1;

http://docplayer.org/54226690-Geotagged-fotos-in-geomedia-einbinden-geomedia-geomedia-professional-0.... Might help the use case.

Regards,

Jan

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎03-17-2019 01:13 PM

janvanvelsen, I don't see the document, can you attach it to a new Comment?

by
on ‎03-17-2019 01:49 PM

Orrin,

The above link still works at my side....

I dowloaded a pdf but I don't see how to attach it to this message???

Any other way I could sent it to you?

Regards,

Jan

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎03-17-2019 02:05 PM

thanks, you can email it to me => olong@ingr.com

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎08-12-2019 01:46 PM
Status changed to: Targeted for an upcoming release

We plan to include this with GeoMedia 16.6, currently targeting Oct 2019.

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎10-21-2019 11:29 AM
Status changed to: Delivered

Delivered with the GeoMedia Desktop 2020 release via the new Insert Geotagged Images and Review Geotagged Images commands on the Raster ribbon tab.