Delivered Ideas

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Support for wider range of SVG symbol elements in GeoMedia Desktop map display

by on ‎11-07-2017 12:59 AM - last edited on ‎05-09-2019 01:32 PM by Technical Evangelist

As a user of GeoMedia who wishes to create SVG symbols for map display through 3rd-party applications such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape, I want broader support for the SVG specification so that, for example, the curve "C" path attribute type and "d" attributes of a path in SVG are supported and it is less difficult for users to create SVG symbols for use in GeoMedia.

It is currently not possible to display SVG symbols in GeoMedia which contain ‘v’, ‘V’, ‘c’, ‘C’, 's', 'S', 'h', or ‘H’ characteristics in the 'd' attributes of a path element.  My SVG symbol, which was created with Adobe Illustrator, contains these unsupported characteristics and as a result, the symbols are not displayed correctly. In GeoMedia.  Only the ‘M’, ‘m’, ‘L’, ‘l’, ‘A’, ‘a’, and ‘z’ characteristics of 'd' attributes are supported.

Comments
by Technical Evangelist
on ‎11-07-2017 05:16 AM
Status changed to: Candidate

by
on ‎10-18-2018 11:36 AM

Additional details carried over from duplicate Idea:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/SVG-symbol-rendering-of-all-characteristics-...

As a GeoMedia user of SVG symbols, I want all characteristics of 'd' attributes of a path to be supported, so that I can correctly display complex SVG symbols which I’ve created with Adobe Illustrator.

It is not possible to display SVG symbols in GeoMedia which contain ‘v’, ‘V’, ‘c’, ‘C’, or ‘H’ characteristics in the 'd' attributes of a path element. My SVG symbol, which was created with Adobe Illustrator, contains these unsupported characteristics and as a result, the symbols are not displayed correctly. In GeoMedia.  Only the ‘M’, ‘m’, ‘L’, ‘l’, ‘A’, ‘a’, and ‘z’ characteristics of 'd' attributes are supported.

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎02-06-2020 09:59 AM
Status changed to: Targeted for an upcoming release

This is targeted for GeoMedia 2020 Update 1.  - Hal

by Technical Evangelist
on ‎04-06-2020 02:28 PM
Status changed to: Delivered