Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

09.Analysis Examples in SDK 2016

[ Edited ]

I am not able to get any of the examples in the 09 group (Analysis) to run.

The message i get is below.

My goal is to do a buffer zone query to locate all area features of one feature class that are within one mile of a user input point.

I can get the coordinate of the point via user clicking on the map successfully.  Next i want to  run the query and display the features within the buffer zone and display some attribute information about these features.

GeoSpatial Portal buffer zone attemptI note also that I can not use the Analysis panel to run a buffer zone query using GeoSpatial Portal. The bufferzone query did work in GeoSpatial Portal 2015.

You can see the a screen shot of the failed buffer zone attempt at http://www.geoquery.net/sr1.png

running a buffer zone query fails

2016-07-31 18:05:37
Map service init error (http://demo.hexagongeospatial.com/GWM_WFS_NonTransactional/service.svc/get).: Remote server responded with exception.
Highlighted
Staff

Re: 09.Analysis Examples in SDK 2016

The 80040131 error is an unfortunate side effect of a fix which was supposed to optimize queries to push as much as possible of the workload to the DB. It was introduced in 2015ep5. As it comes not all workflows were addressed properly, sorry abut that. This isn't a problem with the SDK itself but rather with the WMPS service and a hotfix has already been made available to support.

PS. It seems you linked images from your local machine and they are not viewable to anyone other by you :-) fortunately the linked image does work.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info!  When i click on the picture icon  i type in the location of my image on my computer in the Source input box.  When I saw it wasn't loading i uploaded my picture to a website and put a link to it in my message. I wasn't able to upload an image from my computer using the image icon.  The 09.Analysis examples use WFS and other instances (not WMPS service) - Should they work for me without the hotfix?

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

I see that they are referencing some services of the demo server which might simply not be there anymore. The demo server is undergoing reconstruction and not all services have been migrated yet (or will be). This looks like something the SDK responsible guys should pick up with the group responsible for the demo server Smiley Wink

Regardless, the WFS samples should be working without any additional hot-fixing. It was only the WMPS that was badly affected, to my knowledge.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Thanks....trying to get the hotfix so i can work on my WMPS bufferzone query code.