Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Bing Maps Zoom levels in Mobile MapWorks Advantage

Is it posible to achieve higher zoom levels in Mobile MapWorks (SDK versions)?

I have made a comparison between the zoom levels for Mobile MapWorks(standard version) and Mobile MapWorks (SDK versions) and found out that the Bing maps zoom level for the former is much finer than for the latter at the same region.

This limits the ability to use bing maps as base map in MMW SDK to edit feature geometry that require pin-point accuracy when using touch gestures to capture features. It would be nice to know if there can be a way to improve the zoom levels (like was done for OpenStreet map with the isMagnified property).

Regards,

Elvon

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Bing Maps Zoom levels in Mobile MapWorks Advantage

Yes, it's possible:

"configurations": [
        {
            "id": "7FFB78FD-5F9E-4B0C-819F-4CE8633B32A3",
            "useProxy": false,
            "mapConfiguration": {
                "minHeight": 100,
                "maxHeight" : 5000000
            }
        }
    ]

The behavior is different then "isMagnified" property. The layer is not displayed after it's native zoom level is passed.

Please, use the configuration and let me know if such behavior is acceptable in your case

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: Bing Maps Zoom levels in Mobile MapWorks Advantage

Thanks Lukasz, this is ok for my case as i can be able to better explain to someone why the image disappears as opposed to the initial scenario where the map bounces back when trying to zoom further than the native zoom level.