Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Creating WMTS API in Erdas Imagine.

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, I am new to deveoping a WMTS API for ERDAS imagine, as far as i know due to some resources I have come into contact with, the information i have gathered is not entirely useful, I am struggling to understand how to develop this API as well as implement it into ERDAS Imagine, i would like to understand what the WMS requests/responses are structured aswell as a WMTS request/response is structured. The coding platform I have chosen would be Javascript. Any information would be greatly appreciated as well as any insight and or direction that could help me out. Im very new to this type of coding.

I have attached a diagram, that should show what I am tring to describe.

Thank You

Bradley.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Creating WMTS API in Erdas Imagine.

I think least painful way is that Hexagon implements WMTS to core Imagine in future relases and you just wait until it comes. WMTS  client exist already in Geomedia so adding that to Imagine should not be a major task and hopefully appears in Imagine pretty soon in coming releases.

What worries me is that Geomedia have had it at least since 2015 release and it has not yet appeared in Imagine. Maybe we should make a feature request if there is not that yet as WMTS starts to be so much used nowdays and Imagine should be able to read that soon.

timo

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you so much for the reply, much appreciated.

Bradley

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

My comment was not any Hexagon inhouse comment - just my wish as others share same issue as you. WMTS is needed and it is not yet there.