Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

Default workflow design behavior in version 2016

Hi all, 

is this a default design for WFs in version 2016?

It is a basic workflow migrated from 2015 to 2016. I would say in version 2015, WF consumed less then half space then default style in 2016. I expect there is no change with the attribute maxlength and width of the FormField behavior?

What is really wierd, if I open the same workflow in browser (IE), it is interpreted "properly" as in 2015 ...

I wanted to check the behavior in GMSC demo site, but ...

Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Jakub

Technical Evangelist

Re: Default workflow design behavior in version 2016

I have the same issue on my sample Workflows. Seems like the SmartClient's browser does not pick up styles or something.

i28^cimgpsh_orig.png

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Staff

Hi guys,

I guess it is related to the new responsive design layout. If you try to extend the width of your Java browser window, the layout should be adapted automatically. It happens the same in the external browsers, we used to work with as maximized, that's why the difference immediately pop up. 

The default theme it is probably not the best fit, you might give a try by using a custom theme.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Stefano,

You are right. The new responsive layout needs some more tweaks. I noticed this when working with GMSC Administrator in Firefox:

Enough browser width, everything is ok:

good.png

But if I make it narrower the styles look broken:

bad.png

Maybe re-adjusting the minimum browser width for the design-switch could help. But still I do not like the "menu" button appearance on the top right corner :-)

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Ok, I found that. So for everyone else, if you would struggle with the responsive mode in your workflows, you have to change the limit which breaks the design modes between desktop and mobile.

Locate the CSS file: C:\Program Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia SmartClient\Program\Administrator\Content\Css\ig\ig-common.less

Find: .ig-responsive-rules ()

Then there's limit set as (min-width: 100px) and (max-width: 1170px)

Change the max-width value to something smaller, say 700 - 800px and the design will not change until this width. This can be handy in your workflows if you don't use the left menu.

Note: It's clear that few more CSS settings will have to be modified after this change but this is just a quick hint where to start.

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Staff

great Jan, thanks for sharing!

Would be interesting to see if the same can be achieved using a custom theme, wtihout changing the default style rules...

ciao,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Frequent Contributor

Hi Stefano,

I am not entirely sure, but as parameters ig-responsive-rules min and max-width are not variables, but static values in ig-common.less, I think there is no easy way, how to do it in custom theme without changing ig-common.less content. 

Regards,

Jakub

Occasional Contributor

Jan,

Can we remove this responsive behaviour?

In other words, is it possible to go back to 2015 behaviour?

Technical Evangelist

Hi Lindsay,

Everything is possible but you must consider the amount of efforts. You would need to:

• Check Workflow's ASPX page source and compare with 2015 what stylesheet files get loaded
  • Carefully merge the old / new CSS files

For me it's more feasible solution to just alternate the responsive design minimum width.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.