Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Error when using context sensitive help

Hi everyone,

I have some GeoMedia custom commands programmed in C++. When I use the context sensitive help, by clicking F1 while the cursor is located over the corresponding icon, I get the help opened at the right topic, but sometimes GeoMedia now crashes with the error message: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library: Runtime Error! ...abnormal program termination".

Does anyone know of this problem? And does anyone have an idea of its reason and how to solve it?

I would be grateful for any hints!

Thank you very much and best regards
Cecilia

Technical Evangelist

Re: Error when using context sensitive help

Hi Cecilia,

this is very difficult to give any suggestion. I think the best would be if you can share a small command (with source code) demonstrating the problem.

Pavel

Contributor

Hi Pavel,

unfortunately the source code is really old and quite a mess, that is why I can't give you a small example.

But the context sensitive help worked fine for the commands with GeoMedia14. Then I recompiled the commands to work for GeoMedia16 and now I have these problems. That is why I was thinking that maybe someone knows of some differences between the 14 and 16 version of GeoMedia and why this may cause errors when using the context sensitive help.

Thanks and regards

Cecilia

Technical Evangelist

Hi Cecilia,

there was indeed quite a huge change between 15 and 16 version. GeoMedia objects now mostly does not need explicit releasing of COM reference in commands. So it is very likely that this change affects code which was tuned to run under older versions of GeoMedia. I have already reported some related problem, but it was in a C# code. So I suggest you to focus on releasing references of your objects. I guess it will be quite difficult to find the problem, especially if the code uses smart pointers, but unfortunatelly this is all the hint I can give you.

Pavel

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Pavel,

I was afraid, that it wouldn't be an easy problem to solve.

Thanks a lot for your effort and your hint!

Regards

Cecilia

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.