Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted

Exception trying to zoom to a Demo data set feature from clipboard - EP02 2016 GeoSpatial SDK

Getting an exception when trying to zoom to a feature with magnifier from Clipboard ...i downloaded 2016 ep02 SDK successfully and unzipped it using 7zip. Unzipped the application package with 7zip (289 MB (303,955,968 bytes) and copied it under a new folder JD_Portal - made it an application and set physical path to c:\inetpub\wwroot\JD_Portal\src\Application All works great! Added a WMPS instance just created and associated it with DEMO data. Displayed Demo Data in application. Added States to map display and data window and then to clipboard. Try to zoom to state and get an Exception. If i add Hexagon instance associated with the DEMO data set from Hexagon server it works. What is causing the exception??  Have not made any changes to source code.  Did a rebuild.

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: Exception trying to zoom to a Demo data set feature from clipboard - EP02 2016 GeoSpatial SDK

Hi Joe,

I haven't reproduced this. It may be that your demo WMPS service or its metadata isn't correct. Can you try to create another WMPS service source with data published from a simplified GeoMedia workspace?

Sample workflow:

1. Create a blank GWS
  2. Connect to Access > USSampleData.mdb
  3. Add States to the map
  4. (optionally) change CRS to EPSG:3857
  5. Create WMPS service source, publish the GWS to that one.
  6. Connect to the WMPS service through Portal SDK and see if you can see the same error.
  7. Connect to the WMPS service through normal Portal and see if you can see the same error.
    • that would indicate a problem on the WebMap side

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial