Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Regular Contributor

Form Fields for Coordinates capture (lon, lat) in Mobile MapWorks

Is there a way of configuring form fields for capturing device gps coordinates in longitute, lattitude (for point features) in Mobile MapWorks and submiting the same to the database together with the other attributive information?

Am aware i can generate and popultate these fields automatically from the geometry column in the database via ST_X(geometry) & ST_Y(geometry) but i have a client who wants to see the coordinates on the data collection form before they submit the data from mobile mapworks.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Regards,

Elvon

Technical Evangelist

Re: Form Fields for Coordinates capture (lon, lat) in Mobile MapWorks

The create workflow can't be modified in any way. You could implement your own create workflow, but in this case you would have to implement your attribute form too.

In the edit workflow, you could read the feature geometry, fill the attribute field and show the attribute form, but it would be the same if you autofill the attributes in the db.

Is your customer requirement to only see the feature geometry in the numerical form in any place before submitting the form?

Is the requirement to adjust the geometry manually?

Is the requirement to have it on the form in the numerical form?

Regular Contributor

The requirement is to see the geometry on the form in numerical format (mostly for point features).

As you have said, for edit workflow this can be done but my worry is on the create workflow. I guess i'll have to get back to you later on this after conducting a customized demo to customer.

This question came up during a general presentation to a group of individuals so i have to work on the demo for this specific customer and for now i'll just work with populating the x,y geometry fields in the database before displaying in the view/edit form.

Technical Evangelist

To me it may fall under a more generic category, sth called "computed field". We could add it fairly quickly to the form. If you're closer to making the deal, let's get back to the topic.