08-11-2016 02:27 AM
one of our customers is reporting the following behavior when using GE_SPLITPOLYGON function within his GMSC workflow:
1. A polygon is splitted into 2 parts by drawing another polygon over the existing polygon that is supposed to be splitted.
2. Polygon is correctly splitted into 2 parts.
3. Polygon drawn for the split action is deleted.
4. Display shows: 1 feature consisting of 2 seperated geometries, where both geometries are highlighted as soon as hovering ober one of the 2 geometries. -> this implies that the original feature is updated into a feature with multigeometries.
5. When saving this the system tries to create a second feature into the database instead of updating the one already exists.
Can anybody here confirm this behavior and knows if this is how it should really work?
Customers only wants to simply seperate geometries of a feature.
Thanks for any information!
08-11-2016 02:16 PM
works as designed. You cannot generate multigeomtries, each geometry will be associated to a copy of the original record.