Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

GMSC - change element attribute during editing

Hi all,

is it possible to change the value of some attributes during editing in GMSC?

Here is the workflow we would like to implement: User starts editing (creating new elements). Attribute TYPE of the element is set to 1. The user creates some elements with this value of TYPE attribute, but after that he wants to change the value to 2 and continue editing (drawing new elements) without need to save edits and starting the editing again.

The reason for this is simply that user wants to create lot of elements in one layer with different attribute TYPE quickly. Is it possible or not?

I guess it would probably need some java plugin. But I don't know where to start looking for the right methods, classes I could use.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tereza

Highlighted
Staff

Re: GMSC - change element attribute during editing

[ Edited ]

Hi Tereza,

looks to me the standard way to capture elements. When you create different geometries during the capturing you are going to store different rows in the base table with the same attributive part (just the primary key changes).

So basically your workflow works exaclty this way, the user has to save the geometries when he wants to change some of the attributes.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Stefano,

thanks for the answer. 

I know that the standard way is to end editing by saving the data and start editing again with different attribute TYPE. But I need that without leaving editing mode.

The reason is that our customer has system that allows him to change attribute in opened form while he is drawing. It is faster then stop editing and start it again and he wants to work without delays and additional 'clicks'.

I am just trying to find out if there is any other way then this standard one.

Thanks,

Tereza

Highlighted
Staff

the only difference I see is when you have to change the attribute, because you have to click on save. For sure it is an additional click but at least you persist the data, otherwise your editing is never reliable. 

BTW if you want to keep a form opened during the capturing for sure you would need a custom plugin, let's see if somebody here has already faced that requirement.

Regards,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial