Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC crashes randomly - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi all,

my GMSC 2016 SP2 randomly crashes with following error:

EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x75e19c92, pid=13040, tid=0x000017e4
Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

Whole log file is attached. But it is not always the same - sometimes there is java lang NullPointerException exception in internal exception section, but sometimes it is java security PrivilegedActionException or sun nio fs WindowsException.
These crashes happens very often (after hour or two of work), but randomly - each time during different event - run workflow, editing geometry, printing, ...in different projects. Is there any way how to prevent such a behaviour? Is there any version of java that works ok with this version of GMSC (somebody has GMSC16 SP2 on production system)? I have read some discussions about similar issues here, but no recommendation from these work.
I am using java 8u152, but I have reproduced this issue also with other versions of JDK (e.g. 8u101). I tried to delete java cache, GMSC cache, run GMSC on different machine, but without success.

Thanks,
Tereza

Staff

Re: GMSC crashes randomly - EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Hi Tereza,

are you always using 32 bit version of Java? Can you please try 64 making sure it is the default one choosen by the client?

Thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Stefano,

thank you for the reply.

if I run GMSC from downloaded jnlp, it always uses 32bit java. I will try to run GMSC under Java 64bit and test if it happens again. Is there any way how to run GMSC with 64bit java by default? I can run it that way only from command line: http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-GeoMedia-Smart-Client/Java-32-x-64-bit/m-p/6540#M3....

Tereza

Technical Evangelist

Ahoj Tereza,

Do you actually need both 32-bit and 64-bit Java versions on your computer? I believe you can have only the 64bit version without any major problems. It's not that big deal such as with Oracle client ;-)

For example, browser plug-ins are disabled anyway in most recent web browsers.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Hi,

the reason why I need 32bit java is symbology style editor in GMSC15, but it is only on my computer. Obviously 32bit java is not needed at the customer who has GMSC16. I consider this problem as solved.

Tereza

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.