Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC - custom synchronization plugin

Hello,

I have two plugins for custom synchronizations. One manual and one automatic (every 30 days).

When running the custom sync when GMSC is running his own data loading, the sync and loading process don't go well (there is a confusion between both processes).

How can I let the user run the manual custom sync only when GMSC is not in loading process?

My automatic custom sync is defined as LoadOnStart. How can I run it as soon as GMSC has finished his initial loading process? Not in same time.

Thank you.

Yohann.

Super Contributor

Re: GMSC - custom synchronization plugin

Hi,

I am not too sure what you really try to do, but what happens if we still put the custom sync in LoadOnStart event, but we open another thread, let it sleep a couple of minutes to make sure that GMSC finishes loading and then start this thread to do the custom sync. 

Kind regards

Frequent Contributor

Re: GMSC - custom synchronization plugin

Hello,

Our customer (gis admin) doesn't want users to go in the standard synchronization interface to synchronize data (because he might miss to synchronize some layers). So we have a custom XML parameter file to define the layers which have to be synchronize. The end user just have to click on one button to synchronize all predefined layers. This is the manuel custom synchronization.

Also, the gis admin wants to make an automatic synchronization every x days. That's why we created the StartOnLoad plugin.

I put a sleep of x seconds to wait for the end of the GMSC initialization process.

Thank you.

Yohann.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.