Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mp
Contributor

Geospatial Portal / SDK changin specific error message in DA/DK translation ressources

I'm trying to edit a specific error text for the map scale input field. I have looked through all the .dll files in the bin folder for the corresponding danish text, using a dll inspector, but I can't seem to find the exact one im looking for.

Can you please tell me where to find the exact text (the hover text, when typing in a faulty value).

I'm looking in the .dll files, as the support has previously suggested decompiling and recompiling e.g. the Danish Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.resources.dll is the way to edit translations.

Thanks!

Technical Evangelist

Re: Geospatial Portal / SDK changin specific error message in DA/DK translation ressources

Hi Mikkel,

You can translate this phrase by adding this to MapConfig.js:

Sys.Application.add_init(function () {
    Ext.form.Field.prototype.invalidText = "My translation";
});

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

mp
Contributor

Re: Geospatial Portal / SDK changin specific error message in DA/DK translation ressources

[ Edited ]

Hi Jan,

Looking at the prototype, it looks like this is generic for all Ext fields. I wasn't specific about that, but what I meant was, that specific text field. But if this is a generic "invalid text" for all Ext fields, I guess I could do something similar for the specific Ext ID.

UPDATE - Recieved the following via email from Jan: Additionally, this specific message is straight from the ExtJS bundle: ExtJS35.dll, and can be changed by manipulating ExtJS.ext.build.locale.ext-lang*.js in the resources of the DLL.

Thanks!

Technical Evangelist

You're right, the prototype contains a bit more controls with hardcoded strings. ExtJS even provided a cookbook how to localize their elements but I could find only the latest version for ExtJS 6 which is quite a different animal now.

I'm not certain if the ExtJS35.dll could be added to the localization package as it's 3rd-party library. So in the end, you might need to localize it manually using approaches that I mentioned. But I'm still checking this...

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Hi Mikkel,

I've now reviewed the text in Danish Portal version and it is normally translated to Danish language. Do I understand correctly that you want to customize this message?

danish.png

As I wrote you in the support ticket communication, ExtJS library comes with its own translations. It should be possible to decompile ExtJS35.dll and modify the internal locale files.

ilspy.png

Jan Neumann
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.