Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Geospatial portal instance is running with default document mode 9 in IE11 instead of "edge"

HI team,

We have geospatial portal 2016 and have instances different engineering patches Ep02, 04. The layouts have meta tag that sets to use "edge" mode in IE. However, when we browse portal instances in IE11, the default document mode is 9. I am not sure why it works like that, I expect "edge" mode should be used. I also check the IE settings and make sure the setting "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" is unticked.

Appreciate all ideas, suggestions on this matter.

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Re: Geospatial portal instance is running with default document mode 9 in IE11 instead of "edge

Hi Bob,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought you have solved this in the past and succeeded, or not?

Portal default behavior is to set the X-UA-Compatible header to “IE=9” in IE11 (and IE10) and only in older IE browsers it is set to “IE=Edge”.

This behavior cannot be altered by administrator (unless you embed the Portal in iframe with X-UA-Compatible header set to different value that will override all the child frames).

The main reason for that is the problem with rendering SVG in different IE versions. However, with the changes introduced in the upcoming major release, the improved SVG engine should work fine in native IE11 and Portal will use this document mode by default.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Super Contributor

Re: Geospatial portal instance is running with default document mode 9 in IE11 instead of "edge

Hi Jan,

I am not sure I asked this problem before, but it is very helpful information. Thank you.

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

OK, I may just have confused Australian with NZ offices ;-)

Best Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.