Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Google Maps and Bing Maps not printed in Geospatial Portal

Hi All,

I have configured PhantomJs with the Geospatial portal for printing but the printouts do not include the google maps or bing maps basemaps (see photo below). However, Openstreet map is printed. Has anyone encountered a similar problem and tackled it? Is there anything i can do for the maps to print?

Landscape Template (1).png

Regards,

Elvon

Regular Contributor

Re: Google Maps and Bing Maps not printed in Geospatial Portal

Now even OpenStreet Map is not printed, only the local WFS and WMS are printed.

Staff

Re: Google Maps and Bing Maps not printed in Geospatial Portal

hello Elvon,

Additional information would be helpful to troubleshoot this case. You may get a good reply here on the discussion board but given the time since the thread opened I would recommend logging an SR with support providing as much information as possible (ie application version number, OS, phantomJS logs, workflow steps, etc.)

Staff

Re: Google Maps and Bing Maps not printed in Geospatial Portal (created by SDK 16.2)

Hi Elvon,

Thanks for the clarification that Bing/Google is not appearing on printout from portal instance created from Portal SDK 16.2.

I also understand that Bing/Google map is printing just fine under regular portal instance created from WebMap 16.2.

I have moved your post to Developer Discussions area so our Geospatial Product pioneers and experts can chime in with this behavior.

Regards,

Frank

Staff

Re: Google Maps and Bing Maps not printed in Geospatial Portal (created by SDK 16.2)

More details from Elvon:

The good news is that I am able to print out OpenStreet Maps, Google Maps and Bing Maps from a Geospatial Portal instance created using GeoMedia WebMap v16.

The bad news is that using the same print service  with a Geospatial Portal instance created from the Geospatial Portal SDK v16.00.0200 doesn’t give me the same results. I am able to print OSM but not Google or Bing Maps.

1. Geospatial Portal SDK Print out – OSM (printed)

Geospatial Portal SDK Print out – OSM (printed).png

1. Geospatial Portal SDK print out – Bing Maps ( not printed)

Geospatial Portal SDK print out – Bing Maps ( not printed).png

Note that I had configured my print service with the local Administrator account.

I have also tested this using the standalone Geospatial Portal v16 installation and I get same results as the SDK versions.

Regular Contributor

Hi Guys,

Has there been a resolution to this?

I am getting the same behaviour from PortalSDK 16.2 both printing from phantomjs and just using the local printing.

I think our issue might be proxy related Smiley Wink.This is loged by phantomjs

Unable to load resource (#3URL:http://ecn.dev.virtualearth.net/mapcontrol/mapcontrol.ashx?v=7.0)
Error code: 5. Description: Operation canceled
Unable to load resource (#2URL:https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=AIzaSyCsk-GIGx3NEScl_Sgrv7-sOekRr9RqKLo&language=en)
Error code: 105. Description: Proxy requires authentication
Open finished.
Rendered: false. Loop num: 1 Events:

Kind Regards

Jacques

Regular Contributor

Hi Jacques,

There is a fix for this that works only with the phantom engine. From what i heard it should come with the 16.3 SDK and portal release.

If you can't wait you should probably log an SR  to get the patch.

Regards,

Elvon

Regular Contributor

Hi Elvon,

Thanks, will do so!

Kind Regards

Jacques

Staff

Hi Jacques,

I have forwarded the 16.2 sdk patch to you via filetransfer.

Regards,

Frank

Regular Contributor

Hi Frank,

Thanks , I have received it , did a file compare and incorporated the changes to out portalsdk.

What I have done after updating our sdk to elimate the fact that my upgrade could have gone wrong , is to test it with the one you have send me (portal-sdk-application-16.00.0204-portal-sdk-package.zip)

I took the project and recompiled it , added our App_Data to it.
Made minor changes to the web.config (Like adding the bing and google key ,setting up the printing parameters phantomjs , setting logging etc....)

Ran it from visual studio , everything works fine.

Registered my print service that I created previously that was printing except for the google and bing backdrop and tested the printing.

So phantomjs starts up , runs for few minutes , displaying cpu usage etc , then after n few minutes it look like  processing is done , phantomjs is not closed and gets orphaned , the browser just hangs in the state waiting forever.

When looking at C:\Windows\Temp\portal-phantom-printer it contains these files but no png's

20170517112851-149930826-headers-json.txt
20170517112851-149930826-post-data.txt

No related error in portals log or the printservice.

Any Idea what I could be missing?
Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.