Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

!!!!!HELP!!!!!! - zoom from Dataview using WMPS Queries and Geospatial Portal SDK 2016 EP01

[ Edited ]

UPDATE 5/5/2017 8:38 PM

i made a datasource using only the Demo data and a brand new instance and a new sdk with absolutely no editing of the code

I am getting the same problem using code to display cities with AVETEMP>60

The cities display and are listed in dataview but i can't zoom to them or click on the points to get info.  

I am running the code below as an example (using examplesess.aspx to start up with,

Code below followed by  version info and error messages

style2 = new Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.Style.SimplePointStyle(null, {
type: "SimplePointStyle",
color: "#00dd00",
size: 15,
translucency: 0.2
});

$GP.crs.setCurrent("EPSG:4326", function () {
$GP.queries.add({
queryName: "query1",
featureClassId: "USSample|Cities",
url: "http://www.abc.com/test1_instance/MapService.svc",
applicationId: "test1",
definitionName: "MapPublisher",
style: style2,
addToLegend: true,
filters: [
{
operator: ">",
operands: ["AVETEMP", "60"]
}],
},
function (result) {
$GP.queries.find({
analysisId: result.analysisId,
}, function (result2) {
result2.analysis.addToDataView();
});
});
});

I have GeoMedia and Webmap installed on my 2012 r2 virtual machine server as shown below along with 

Geospatial Portal SDK 2016 EP01

I have code to do queries of my WMPS features that work fine but when i add to the dataview although i can use the Properties icon and the Add to Clipboard icon, I can not use the Zoom icon to zoom to the selected features.

I have turned on logging in my code and have log files with many errors (shown below this image of installed products) when i try to zoom.  All else seems to work fine.  The examples queries using WFS also work fine including the Zoom magnifier icon.   Do i need any updated software?    Thanks for any HELP!

versions.png

2017-05-04 00:05:11,159 [ 398] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

at Intergraph.GeoMedia.GeoMathSvc._GeoMathService.StrokeGeometry(Object InputGeometry, Object& StrokedGeometry)

at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromSingleGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)

at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)

at

when trying to zoom to a parcel and like this

at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Utils.GetMapServerForApplication(String applicationId, String libraryConnectionString, Boolean clearMapServer)

2017-05-01 12:02:11,326 [1070] ERROR Session Identifier: urn:uuid:9849dcb2-612d-41f3-8206-8c966dcb01ee message: Error Get Legend by Application Id: JD1_GeomediaWebMap_Source. Error message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Legend}

2017-05-01 12:02:44,759 [1070] ERROR Error while getting mapServer object for 'JD1_GeomediaWebMap_Source' application - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Utils

when trying to zoom to a address number (point feature)

Super Contributor

Re: !!!!!HELP!!!!!! - zoom from Dataview using WMPS Queries and Geospatial Portal SDK 2016 EP01

Hi 

We can get more detail of the error from the WMPS service's log file by set the setting below:

WMPS (2).png

After that, clear the WMPS cache, restart the webmap service and try again. I believe it will show which process in the WMPS service goes wrong.

Kind regards,

Regular Contributor

Re: !!!!!HELP!!!!!! - zoom from Dataview using WMPS Queries and Geospatial Portal SDK 2016 EP01

Thanks very much - i made the changes and rebuilt my application and ran it again and got below in log - does this appear to be what i should be getting - it seems to be a problem with geometry but i can't tell what feature:

2017-05-05 11:28:11,827 [ 414] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.GeoMathSvc._GeoMathService.StrokeGeometry(Object InputGeometry, Object& StrokedGeometry)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromSingleGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometryBlob(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometryBlob, String destinationCrsId, GeometryStorageService geometryStorageService, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.GeometryGFieldValueProvider.GetValue()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureStubSet.get_Current()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.TranslateFeatures(IEnumerable`1 sourceFeatures, Boolean includeGeometries)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters, String applicationId)
2017-05-05 11:28:12,271 [ 414] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometryBlob(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometryBlob, String destinationCrsId, GeometryStorageService geometryStorageService, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.GeometryGFieldValueProvider.GetValue()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureStubSet.get_Current()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.TranslateFeatures(IEnumerable`1 sourceFeatures, Boolean includeGeometries)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters, String applicationId)

Regular Contributor

my conversation pattern is different - i will try changing that as well later today

<log4net debug="true">
<appender name="RollingLogFileAppender" type="log4net.Appender.RollingFileAppender">
<file value="App_Data\Log\log.txt" />
<appendToFile value="true" />
<rollingStyle value="Date" />
<datePattern value="yyyyMMdd" />
<layout type="log4net.Layout.PatternLayout">
<conversionPattern value="%date [%thread] %-5level %logger [%property{NDC}] - %message%newline" />
</layout>
</appender>
<root>
<level value="ALL" />
<appender-ref ref="RollingLogFileAppender" />
</root>
</log4net>

Regular Contributor

With the changes made to web.config for the logging information, i am getting the following at the end of the log file where the exception occurs - is there any way to figure out what is causing the error?  thanks!!!

- {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice [(null)] - WebMap Publisher service '9ca67040-7692-4f69-9f2e-a24032ba6b7f' executed the 'GetCapabilities' contract in 00:00:00.0280074
Arguments:

2017-05-05 15:22:59,341 [ 31] WARN Communication error. Will make one more attempt - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice [(null)] - Communication error. Will make one more attempt
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.Common.ServiceContracts.Services.IMapService.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.WcfMapServiceCaller.Call(WcfMapServiceCallDelegate call)
2017-05-05 15:22:59,737 [ 31] ERROR Processing ended with exception. - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.MapServices.MapServiceManagerHandler [(null)] - Processing ended with exception.
System.ServiceModel.FaultException: The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.Common.ServiceContracts.Services.IMapService.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.WcfMapServiceCaller.Call(WcfMapServiceCallDelegate call)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.MapManager.MapServices.WcfMapSevice.PerformQuery(LegendItemDefinition legendItemDefinition, OperatorBase operatorBase, Boolean leaveHrefValue)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.MapServices.MapServiceManagerHandler.QueryFeatures(String id, HttpContext context)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.MapServices.MapServiceManagerHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Regular Contributor

also i made a brand new sdk portal without modifying any code and tried running my code as an "example"  and the query worked and displayed but i could not zoom.  I also can not click on the graphic rfeature that is located and view its attributes although the Properties iconin the data window works fine.

Technical Evangelist

[ Edited ]

Hi Jane,

I've tried this simplified code on Portal SDK EP02:

var queryName = "MPS Cities";
    $GP.queries.add({
        featureClassId: "USSample|Cities",
        url: "http://demo.hexagongeospatial.com/wmps/mapService.svc",
        definitionName: "MapPublisher",
        queryName: queryName,
        applicationId: "DEMO_USA",
        addToLegend: true,
        filters: [
            {
                operator: ">",
                operands: ["AVETEMP", 60]
            }
        ]
    },
    function (result) {
        if (result.updated) {
            $GP.ui.info("Analysis updated");
            return;
        }
    });

And it zooming works fine, after clicking on the zoom icon I get two POST request - one requesting some feature information and second one requestion some scale range, not sure what all is involved in the background.

Untitled.png

The only flaw I can see is that the Feature Information from the Data Window throws error saying:

"{"error":"Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.:\nCannot convert null to a value type."}"

This looks like some general Portal/WMPS problem, I will investigate it.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Quick update - I found that this appears only on SDK Portal instance, not on generic Portal instance. I will pass it to development team.

However this might not be related to your original problem...

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

Thanks - your info gave me something to work with.  Your code works fine with my project - i made a button to run it and all works.

Then i made another button to run the same code but using a local copy of the demo data and a local wmps instance.  I have the same warehouse connection, query name, query, etc.  I get the right info displayed in the data window but when I try to zoom i get the message:

The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))

as always.  I will try some more debugging -= My instance is 16.00.0200 and when i run it i get the following:  It seems like there must be something wrong with it!

<wsdl:types/>
<wsdl:service name="MapService">
<wsdlSmiley Tongueort name="WSHttpBinding_MapService" binding="i0:WSHttpBinding_MapService">
<wsa10:EndpointReference>
</wsa10:EndpointReference>
</wsdlSmiley Tongueort>
</wsdl:service>
</wsdl:definitions>
Regular Contributor

This is the info i get in log file for instance - i modified code in web.config so detailed info would be displayed....

2017-05-09 12:44:50,874 [ 877] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
2017-05-09 12:44:51,298 [ 877] ERROR Error while getting features -