Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Hide/delete elements in map window GMSC without reloading map from DB

Hi all,

we need to delete or just hide elements in map in GMSC without reloading map - something like temporal hidden of defined line, polygon, point. Do we have any function in JAVA, how to achieve that?

Thanks,

Jakub

Community Manager

Re: Hide/delete elements in map window GMSC without reloading map from DB

Hi,

could you please specify what you mean by delete/hide and what you mean by element. 

Are we talking about a whole layer or a specific element in the map? If you want to delete/hide what do you want to delete/hide and what is the epxected behavior once you display this content again?

Thomas Anzinger
Community Manager
thomas.anzinger@hexagongeospatial.com
Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas,
we are talking about specific element in the map, not about the whole layer. The expected behavior after you click the button, save variable into the session, if the sessionkey exist the defined elements (identified by id) should be hidden always.

Real example ... you have a FormTable with IDs and you want to hide these ids in the map and you don't want to call IG.reloadFeature and use sessionfilter
Community Manager

Are there any proven issues that lead to this question?

I am not aware of any performance issues using session filter so far. 

So my suggestion is to try the standard reload and session filter first and only if you actually experience any issues you should think about an extension.

Regards

Thomas Anzinger
Community Manager
Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas,

that was more or less my "personal" question/investigation, because I would like to know how the FeatureWarehouse class(com.intergraph.web.core.warehouse) works. My coleagues expect some performance issue on one project and I would like to know the possibilities to mininize database communication in that case.

I was able to work with Temporary featureWarehouse, in case of measurement or construction aid, but I was unable to get the featureWarehouse from persisted features.

So, I have to say now ... no proven issue now.

Community Manager

Hi,

so my suggestion is to discuss the topic if it really becomes an issue. We can then look at the best solution for the concrete use case if needed.

Thomas Anzinger
Community Manager
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Hi Thomas, I accepted it as the solution for now. Thanks for now.

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.