Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

How to upgrade my new Portal template Instances

1. I have installed GeoSpatial Portal 2015 EP 04 and created my own portal template with steps provided at http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developers-Knowledge-Base/Creating-a-new-Consumer-Portal-t...
  2. Created a Instance with my own portal template created above using Admin Console
  3. Recently i have moved to GeoSpatial Portal 2015 EP05.

Observation is - Unable to see the Upgrade button for Instances created with my own portal template. But able to see the Upgrade button for Instances created with GeoSpatial portal template.

What steps should i follow to achieve the same.

Staff

Re: How to upgrade my new Portal template Instances

Each template is responsible for maintaining its versioning and providing appropriate upgrade paths as plug-ins to the admin console's upgrades mechanism. This is how it's done for the standard instance types.
The admin console doesn't inherently know how to upgrade your custom instance type, even though it's derived from one of the standard ones. Upgrading the product installation doesn't also automatically make your template be of a newer version. You would need to take care of it yourself as you are the owner of the new instance type.
I don't think the knowledge on how to leverage the update mechanism has been yet made available to the customizers.
Contributor

Do you want users to remove old instances and create a new instance, when the user upgrades to latest templates. Did anybody come across this issue? How they handled it?

Super Contributor

Hi all,

We also create our own geospatial tempate for our Networks Portal. I just recently upgrade the template from EP04 to EP05. Here is the document on how I do it locally. Hope it helps.

Document link: http://filetransfer.intergraph.com/workflow/GET/ZGSMD269RW9BWYMH-0001

Kind regards,

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

would you consider creating a Community Knowledge Base article from your document? It may be very valuable source of information for others!

Just go there:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developers-Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/HGDN_WebGIS_DevelopersKB

and create a new article. Should you have any problems with creating the article, please let me know.

Best regards

Staff

@pszrajber - even though Bob's article is still full of juicy stuff, the question was about having the upgrade button Smiley Wink @Rajesh already contacted me to review his findings he described on the internal wiki. Maybe he will be able to write such an article on the KB?

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.