Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
mp
Contributor

Mobile SDK build for Windows fails

[ Edited ]

We have been using Mobile SDK to create a simple test app and have it working just fine for Android. We are now trying to add/build the Windows platform using "grunt windows". After getting through must of the flow, it fails with the error:

"Not all desired build targets are compatible with the current build environment. Please install Visual Studio 2015 for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, or Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 for Windows 8.1. Error: AppPackages doesn't exists"

However, looking at the requirements for the Windows platform (http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developers-Knowledge-Base/System-Requirements-Windows-Wind...) I do seem to have them all installed. I am running Visual Studio 2013 (update 5).

Running the command in verbose mode, gives the following lines just before failing:

Searching for available MSBuild versions... Running command: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\15.0 /v MSBuildToolsPath Running command: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\14.0 /v MSBuildToolsPath Running command: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\12.0 /v MSBuildToolsPath Running command: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\4.0 /v MSBuildToolsPath Command finished with error code 1: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query,HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\15.0,/v,MSBuildToolsPath Command finished with error code 0: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query,HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\12.0,/v,MSBuildToolsPath Found MSBuild v12.0 at C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\12.0\bin\amd64\ Command finished with error code 1: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query,HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\14.0,/v,MSBuildToolsPath Command finished with error code 0: C:\Windows\system32\reg.exe query,HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSBuild\ToolsVersions\4.0,/v,MSBuildToolsPath Found MSBuild v4.0 at C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ Not all desired build targets are compatible with the current build environment. Please install Visual Studio 2015 for Windows 8.1 and Windows 10, or Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 for Windows 8.1. Error: AppPackages doesn't exists D:\MobileSDK1600101\workspace\MikTest\build\mobile>

Which led me to think that it was something missing with regards to MSBuildTools, so I did install/update that (MSBuildTools 13). It still fails.
If i go to the Cordova project folder and instead run "cordova build windows" its the same output.

Have you seen this error before? We need to be able to build the Mobile SDK app for Windows, in order to give some proper feedback to a potential customer - that is using only the Windows platform.

Thanks.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Mobile SDK build for Windows fails

Hi,

please can you try installing the latest VS 2015?

mp
Contributor

Hi Lukasz,

Shouldn't the SDK be working with VS 2013? Else the requirements for the SDK should really be updated. Unfortunately I cannot upgrade to 2015 at the moment, as I have some on-going projects relying on my current setup.

Have you experienced something similar on VS 2013? Or have you had other support requests regarding this version and Mobile SDK?

Technical Evangelist

You're right we should update the documentation.

The requirement for the SDK is to work on Windows 10.

Visual Studio 2015 is a prerequisite for Windows 10 UWP development: Develop apps for the Universal Windows Platform (UWP)

You're the first developer asking for Windows 10 support Smiley Happy

You could try with changing the windows target platform to 8.1 in config.xml.

If you created a project, it's in workspace/project/yourapp/config.xml

Highlighted
mp
Contributor

Hi Lukasz. I will give that a go. Thanks Smiley Happy

Polls
Please register to vote
Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.